Space Whisky!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Space Whisky!

Post by Nanohedron »

"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Coffee

Re: Space Whisky!

Post by Coffee »

Spwhisky
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

I presume it would be good for carrying around in a vacuum flask.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

A detailed description of the end product, but no one gave me the ultimate assessment that I want to know: Is it drinkable?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Nanohedron wrote:Is it drinkable?
Since I heard Dr Lumsden interviewed on Radio Scotland and talking about research into how to bring out the same flavours on earth with a view to producing as special/limited editions, I'd think probably yes!
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

It is a a single malt Scotch. Surely the dictum de gustibus non disputandum est applies. Being a Bourbon and Irish Whiskey man, I wouldn't be the man to ask.
However, I would find a strong smoky rubbery aftertaste problematic. Puts me in mind of being downwind of a burning pile of tires. :D

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

I propose another experiment; let me make a pot of homebrew up on the ISS.
I have a wonderful heather blossom infused stout... I'd like to see what happens to its flavor profile in a microgravity environment.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

T'wasn't supposed to come back earthside. Space station astronauts were supposed to drink it deployed and communicate how it tasted. The bouquet may suffer from jet lag. One giant marketing step in it. sniff