A Modest Proposal

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Re: A Modest Proposal

Post by I.D.10-t »

benhall.1 wrote: You should trust people more, Nano. :D
To expect that the general population is full of thieves is a certain kind of trust. He has confidence and relies on others to steal his stuff. How much more trusting can one be?
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I'll tell you what I trust: I trust you lot to overinflate my position on the matter.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Well , we have a natural revulsion for this - unless we are doing it ourselves.

It's like when someone walks past me with his phone on his ear talking like a schizophrenic discoursing with his demons.
But like a natural human, when I hear a voice, I assume I am being addressed and turn to say "what?" only to be given the evil eye "Don't you realise I am doing something more important than you!!"

Well ..sure, I am only one in 7 billion, but I get peeved to be reminded of that - in my own skin, I still rule. And anyone who has an earphone or stick has just violated my personal sovereignty.

After I climb out of my amygdala (fight/flight) I am only left with sadness. These ear-and-stick people .. they are not people at all. They have been subsumed into a network organism that values them as a switch .. a dumb cell in a meta-organism that can never be as intelligent as a single human - no matter how much they get enslaved by network parasites: facebook, twitter, etc etc ..Chiff and fipple? It's a spectrum I think .. like Autism .. but C&F seems to be "high-functioning" ..hope so ;)

When I see these stick-people .. that's what I see - technology's caricature of what a human is. Stick men and women doing stick things.

Don't hate them. Just be patient. Like we all stopped wearing 22" flairs and 7-inch metal-flake painted platform boots with star-inserts on the toe and our pseudo-afros (remember? Back in the 70's? The only remnant is Ronald McDonald *shudder*).

It will pass. The only tragedy is that it takes 10 years ..like it did with us ;)
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mitch wrote:And anyone who has an earphone or stick has just violated my personal sovereignty.
Eh, I can't go that far. I just find them strange. But if your upper limbs are functional and you don't really, seriously need your hands free, try convincing me that talking aloud on your headset in public isn't a bid for attention at some level. I like to think I'm being sadistic when I ignore them. :twisted:
Mitch wrote:Don't hate them. Just be patient. Like we all stopped wearing 22" flairs and 7-inch metal-flake painted platform boots with star-inserts on the toe and our pseudo-afros...
I never stopped wearing all that - but no doubt it's probably because I never started. I can't believe I actually had limits back then.
Mitch wrote:(remember? Back in the 70's? The only remnant is Ronald McDonald *shudder*).
And I notice they're not exactly waving him about, these days. He'll probably always remain an icon like the Golden Arches, but I smell a phaseout to the museum.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician