Whither Science?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Whither Science?

Post by Nanohedron »

"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
walrii

Re: Whither Science?

Post by walrii »

Now that is cool. With folks able to send a camera into space on a budget, maybe there's hope for us yet.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I wish they'd sent up a real donut. One without pink frosting and sprinkles. A plain/cake donut or glazed/raised would've been best. I could accept a cruller, French cruller, beignet. I assume a jelly or Boston cream would be too heavy. I hope they picked a pink-frosted for technical reasons (more photogenic?) rather than they think it's really a good doughnut.

Walrii, I've bought dozens of little board cameras for work, some as cheap as $25. They're especially good for tight spaces, and the low cost makes them useable in situations where they need to be disposable (in our case, where one can't be cooled in vacuum). These are USB-ready, no onboard storage, but I suspect those in the video were probably downloaded realtime to a flash drive.

Very cool.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

chas wrote:I wish they'd sent up a real donut. One without pink frosting and sprinkles. A plain/cake donut or glazed/raised would've been best. I could accept a cruller, French cruller, beignet. I assume a jelly or Boston cream would be too heavy. I hope they picked a pink-frosted for technical reasons (more photogenic?) rather than they think it's really a good doughnut.
I think they picked a pink frosted donut with sprinkles because they're Swedish. Don't ask me to explain that.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician