The great biscuits and gravy bust.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Daniel_Bingamon
antispam: No

The great biscuits and gravy bust.

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Check this out:
http://www.infowars.com/savannah-man-ar ... -in-sting/

Just imagine, he could have got life for Prime Rib!
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
chris_coreline
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: The great biscuits and gravy bust.

Post by chris_coreline »

you need a biscuit licence now?
the world has gone maaad.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

I listened to half the story. I spent my early years working in food service. There is a reason that there is a Health Department inspecting restaurants and food preparation places. This man knows what the laws are and he chose to ignore the laws because it takes some upfront money to get a kitchen certified. I have heard of cooperative kitchens where different business share the same facilities to cut down on these start up costs. This story would have had a whole different perspective if someone would have gotten sick.

That said, I have done extensive research on all the local fast food places that serve biscuits and sausage gravy. I am very sad to report that McDonald's IMHO has the best tasting and the best deal. I'm mortified.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Daniel_Bingamon

The way mom does it will never be toppled by fast food.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Well, your Mom is not willing to stick her head out her window on my way to work and hand me biscuits and sausage gravy with silverware and napkins for less than $3.

My Mom has never made biscuits and sausage gravy. This is not a dish native to Southwestern PA. When I first made it for my family, they liked it. When they visit, they expect this and wings or they will not leave my home.
白飞梦
Daniel_Bingamon

Southwestern PA?
Someone sent me this about Rural PA, is it true?
How to behave in rural Pennsylvania
1. Put your cap on right, your head isn't crooked (even if your brain is).

2. Pull your droopy pants up, you look like an idiot with a load of crap in your pants.

3. Let's get this straight: it's called a 'dirt road.' No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

4. Farms have cattle. They're live steaks, or walking milk machines. That's why, if they smell funny to you, get over it. We call it "fresh air". Don't like it? I-80 goes east and west, I-79 goes north and south. Pick one and go back to the city air you just left.

5. So, you have a $60,000 car, we're impressed. We have $150,000 corn pickers and hay balers that are driven only 3 weeks a year. And they are a lot more productive than your overpriced car.

6. Every person in rural Pennsylvania waves. We think of it as being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

7. If that cell phone rings while an 8-point buck and three does are coming in, we will shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. Yeah, we eat scrapple, pot pie, funnel cakes, halupkie, macaroni and cheese. We fry our fish after 'catch'n 'em'. You really want sushi & caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

9. The 'opener' refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held on the Monday after Thanksgiving.

10. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age.

11. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the chef's salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.

12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats (includes fish), vegetables, and breads. We use four spices: salt, pepper, hot sauce and Heinz ketchup. Oh, yeah...we don't care what you folks in Jersey call that stuff you eat. It's not real. chili.

13. You bring 'coke' into my house, it better be brown, wet and served over ice.

14. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, and have long hair.

15. College and high school football is as important here as the the Steelers and Eagles, and a lot more fun to watch.

16. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards---it spooks the fish.

17. Colleges? We have them all over. We have state universities, community colleges, and vo-techs. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country. They still wave at everybody when they come home for the holidays.

18. We have a whole ton of folks who have been in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines. So don't mess with us. If you do, we track, we hunt, we fight; you will get whipped by the best.

19. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump-thump stuff is not music, its just noise. We don't want to hear it anymore than we want to see your boxers. If you are that desperate for attention, take it up with your parents. If you didn't have parents, Refer back to #1 and #2.

20. Four inches isn't a blizzard--it's a flurry. Drive like you got some sense, and don't take all our bread, milk, and toilet paper from the grocery stores. You?re not in Alaska. Worst case you may have to live a whole day without croissants. The pickups with snow plows will have you out the next day.
Denny

Post by Denny »

sounds about right Daniel!

Although it does make ya wonder why they couldn't figure out biscuits & gravy....
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
dwest

Post by dwest »

I ain't seen no one from south of the Mason-Dixon Line figure out shoofly neither.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Halupki is mispelled.

That list is not far from my Dad. He often says, "If God would have wanted you to (fill in the blank), He would have (fill in the blank.) For example: "wear a hat at the dinner table" "made you Jewish". Then he'd slap the hat off your head. I never wear hats.
白飞梦
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

mutepointe wrote:I have done extensive research on all the local fast food places that serve biscuits and sausage gravy. I am very sad to report that McDonald's IMHO has the best tasting and the best deal.
Saying that McDonald's has the best fast food biscuits and gravy is kind of like picking which hemorrhoid you like the best.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

gonzo914 wrote:
mutepointe wrote:I have done extensive research on all the local fast food places that serve biscuits and sausage gravy. I am very sad to report that McDonald's IMHO has the best tasting and the best deal.
Saying that McDonald's has the best fast food biscuits and gravy is kind of like picking which hemorrhoid you like the best.
Don't you BE misquoting me. You left off the part where I said "I was motified." There are even two local fast food chains (Tudor's and Suzi's) that specialize in biscuits and gravy. I only know one lady, a retired school cook no less, who makes from scratch and feeds me biscuits and sausage gravy. I only see her once a month and most months she makes pinto beans and cornbread.
白飞梦