Blue notes

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tikva
antispam: No

Re: Blue notes

Post by Tikva »

Cork wrote: Let me first admit that when it comes to fingering, half-holing and such related skills are about at the bottom of the list of things I can do, indeed, for the most part I've given up on them as being practically hopeless, at least as far as my skills go. Yes, there are a couple of easier ones, but after that I give up!

However, your post has given me a new perspective, one that I've never considered, in that perhaps a study of blues scales on a six-hole instrument, as deliberate overkill, could work wonders to generally improve my half-holing abilities in terms of ITM, not that I plan to become a blues artist.

Good idea, and thank you!
U-oh. Don't twist your fingers into knots... :wink: Sigh. I'm about a zillion light years away from learning cross-fingering and half-holing.
Cork
antispam: No

Re: Blue notes

Post by Cork »

Tikva wrote:...U-oh. Don't twist your fingers into knots... :wink: Sigh. I'm about a zillion light years away from learning cross-fingering and half-holing.
Thank you!

Cross-fingering isn't hard to do, but I've had real difficulties in being consistent, and getting consistent results, with half-holing.

Then again, I've probably been spoiled by having keys.