T9 predictive text...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Scott McCallister wrote:There have been recent studies how speed dial lists and address books on cell phones have further dummed down the population by no longer having to remember phone numbers.

Next our vocabulary with predictive T9...
:o
Heh, I'd rather see predictive T9 text than "YO LTNC, HRU? WL I JST GT BK FRM CRTE. :-( ND WZ XLNT. GT UP2 SO MCH FRU OT D 2WKS. 1ST WK WNT FST. :-(. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/voices2005/txt_spk.shtml
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I'm happy to share that I'm cell-phone-free. A month ago, I also reverted to a paper-based Day-Timer (2 page-per-day version!). Original pale green pages, too.

I still have to keep a schedule in Outlook to allow others to schedule for and around me, but the disadvantages are outweighed by the fact that people don't phone--I just get meeting requests by email--and Outlook will remind you.

The time savings are considerable.
Cotelette d'Agneau
roxie

Post by roxie »

I am familiarizing myself in this feature and I can say that it is much easier than multi-tapping. :)

I found a T9 Quick Tip tutorial. I guess this one might help a lot.
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

I think I'm the only college student in the country who doesn't know how to text message. My phone isn't even capable of text messaging. I consider this a plus.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
roxie

Post by roxie »

How could that be possible. For me text messages is one of the technology which helps a lot. You can communicate to the person if you can't reach them through phone calls. Well it's an opinion.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Ah, it's quite possible. I'm another that can't text message. I wouldn't have a clue.

Can't even dial a cell phone, in fact. Tried several times. :)
Cotelette d'Agneau