Leaving Freecycle

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Leaving Freecycle

Post by Jack »

I joined Freecycle a time ago. Now it's gotten to the point where I get 100s of emails daily. I don't want to set it to digest and I don't want to set it to get fewer emails, I just want to leave Freecycle. But I can't figure out how. Does anybody know?

I'm using it on a Yahoo! email account, if that matters.
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

MMMuuuuuwaahhhahhhhaaahhaaahhhhh!!! You have been assimilated!! It's a Unitarian Jihad plot...

You cannot resist.
Sister Immaculate Boomerang of Equanimity.
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Aren't the various Freecycles Yahoo groups? Just go to groups.yahoo.com , go to your groups and unsubscribe or set it to no emails. If you set it to no emails, you can access it via the web (which I do) and look at stuff at your convenience.

PS -- don't ever delete the emails that have subscribe/unsubscribe information.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Denny

Post by Denny »

http://www.freecycle.org/manual/index_faq.htm
UNSUBSCRIBING: To unsubscribe, send an email to the unsubscribe address noted at the bottom of each e-mail from your local group. It'll look something like this blahblahblah-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com (this of course is not an actual unsubscribe address).
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Or you could set your mail filter to send the Freecycle stuff into its own bin - then you could passively marvel at the volume of mail you are ignoring, and calmly delete it at your leisure. Or browse through it to remind yourself what you are missing.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

chas wrote:PS -- don't ever delete the emails that have subscribe/unsubscribe information.
Why? Will the Men in Black knock on my door to carry me into a nondescript van and be driven off, never to be heard from ever again? :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Nanohedron wrote:
chas wrote:PS -- don't ever delete the emails that have subscribe/unsubscribe information.
Why? Will the Men in Black knock on my door to carry me into a nondescript van and be driven off, never to be heard from ever again? :wink:
You remember what happened to PeeWee when he tore the tag off the mattress, right?
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Jack

Post by Jack »

chas wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
You remember what happened to PeeWee when he tore the tag off the mattress, right?
Image?
Last edited by Jack on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

chas wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
No, but better him than me, whatever it was. Peewee makes my skin crawl.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician