Kerry Optima Cobre C

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
helendempsey
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play a variety of Irish whistles, have followed the forum for quite awhile, and I would like to be able to post a whistle review or some comments to posts that I have read

Kerry Optima Cobre C

Post by helendempsey »

I am a rank amateur, this is my first post and this is my own personal review. My preference is for low whistles and I have a few of Phil Hardy’s Chieftain low whistles, which I love. I have a few high whistles but they have never spoken to me like the low whistles. When Phil introduced his new Optima Cobre High whistle series, the whistles sounded great on his video, so I ordered the C whistle and I have not been disappointed. It might be the combination of materials used, but this whistle has the sweetest sound and is just a delight to play. It is bright and clear, with enough back pressure to make breath control very easy. I can jump between notes and octaves without squeaks or pitch problems. It has good volume but can also be played quietly and I am constantly picking it up for the sheer fun of playing it. A C whistle has a little more depth than a D or an Eflat, not just because it’s a key (or two) lower. It’s a subtle difference in sound, but it’s there.