My Bitly links to free Beginner Lessons by Ryan Duns

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jleo Fipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

My Bitly links to free Beginner Lessons by Ryan Duns

Post by Jleo Fipple »

Removed by poster.
Last edited by Jleo Fipple on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
cboody

Re: FREE Beginner Whistle Lessons by Ryan G.Duns on Bitly

Post by cboody »

A nice thing to do for beginners. I hope you get LOTS of hits.
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

Did you contact Mr. Duns to ask if it was ok with him that you re-publish his content? Will you be re-publishing the rest of his work? It seems the order of his other writings are also in chronological order. Surely they need to be "put right" as well.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Jleo Fipple

Post by Jleo Fipple »

cboody wrote:A nice thing to do for beginners. I hope you get LOTS of hits.
Thanks for the positive feedback :) if it helps make learning whistle for beginners a little easier that's a positive in my book. Everyone should give back a little if possible it makes for a more positive world and helps to spread the love for ITM. If you have followed Ryan's video series you'll find he's a fun, good hearted, positive fella who grew up learning and adoring Irish traditional music he enthuses people and implores them to be patient and give themselves time to grow in the tradition. No doubt about it he has an ability a gift and is not afraid to help others on the way to being part of a wonderful collective mindset that is traditional music :D

Feadoggie wrote:Did you contact Mr. Duns to ask if it was ok with him that you re-publish his content? Will you be re-publishing the rest of his work? It seems the order of his other writings are also in chronological order. Surely they need to be "put right" as well.
Are you serious :-? there is nothing republished, I have not stolen anything my Bitly page for Ryans G. Duns whistle lessons does not contain any stored/uploaded content. This is simply a collection of links you could get the very same on a Google search or via a YouTube play-list, with the exception that I've put some thought into it's presentation and ease of use for people looking to avail of Ryan's kindness. The links/clicks all go to Ryan's content, furthermore I let everyone know the content belongs to Ryan G. Duns.
Feadoggie wrote:Will you be re-publishing the rest of his work? It seems the order of his other writings are also in chronological order. Surely they need to be "put right" as well.
Why do I detect a hint of patronizing/sarcasm, if you go though all the blog content you will find inconsistencies and I am not demeaning Ryan by saying so. This is coming from me as a blogger, blogging is never a straight forward task, errors can and will occur.
Last edited by Jleo Fipple on Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTGuru

Re: My Bitly links to free Beginner Lessons by Ryan Duns

Post by MTGuru »

I think the main problem here is the thread title, which could imply that the Bitly page is of Father Duns' own doing. I've changed the title to more accurately describe the post. I also deleted the added oversized graphic, which is unnecessary.

As for Feadoggie's concerns, which are valid ... Content linking and aggregation are common enough, including here. But yer trusty (or is that crusty?) C&F Mods might feel more comfortable if the Bitly page or this thread came with a simple OK or Imprimatur (no Jesuit pun intended!) from the man himself, which he'd probably be happy to give. We'll let the thread stand. Meanwhile, JLeo can work on contacting Fr. Duns and let us all know.

Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Jleo Fipple

Re:

Post by Jleo Fipple »

It's not necessary to contact him as this conflict is vexing me so I'll just remove the op.