tweak suggestions for a harmonic squeak.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
hoopy mike
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: tweak suggestions for a harmonic squeak.

Post by hoopy mike »

Jleo Fipple wrote:The reason (I) and I'm sure most other folk buy lots of whistles in various brands is 'cause they're relatively cheap as chips (depends on where you buy your chips) great for keeping learning to whistle interesting and the added benefits of familiarizing your ears with different keys and built in finger conditioning on larger whistles and finally great way to calm/contain W.H.O.A.D
Well, maybe. But for a beginner, buying lots of cheap second hand whistles (in the same key) isn't likely to aid the learning process. Switching between keys (or even between whistles in the same key) will make it harder to become proficient on any one whistle (although it's a good skill to develop later).

I was interested to see a post on this forum from someone who started low whistle about a year ago. He'd bought just about every brand on low whistle just to try them out, and had sold many after playing them just for a few minutes. The latest post after a gap of several months was that he'd pretty much given up on low whistle. I think that tells its own story.
Plowboy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: tweak suggestions for a harmonic squeak.

Post by Plowboy »

hoopy mike wrote:
Plowboy wrote:Well, hoopy... I got most of them on ebay at a really decent price....
Do you think many people would sell a good whistle at a low price? Buyer beware...
The used ones I bought off ebay sound better than the brand new set of Generations... That's what's bugging me.. Although. The older Feadog was barely playable. Once I cleaned the flashing out... It's the best of all of them.