Is Michael Burke "down"?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
srleslie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Is Michael Burke "down"?

Post by srleslie »

I've ordered a Low C Aluminum from him (my third order with him) but have received only the automatic emailed invoice in response. No response to email, phone message, and no charge to my credit card in over two weeks.

Any word on his status? The holidays would account for some delay, but not this much.
Leslie Richelle __________________________________________________________________
Feadoggie

Re: Is Michael Burke "down"?

Post by Feadoggie »

srleslie wrote:The holidays would account for some delay, but not this much.
You might be a bit presumptuous there. Give the man a break. Patience. I have no idea where he may be but some folks do take vacations, travel and visit family over the holidays, etc., etc., etc. Hmmm ... no ... Joanie's cruise is at the end of January. :)

Some of the whistles may take a little longer than others. I have a couple dozen Burkes. I've received whistles from Burke anywhere from two days after ordering to almost a month. In all cases the whistle just showed up, no other communications. It can depend on what he has on the shelf and other factors. The low C may not be the most requested whistle in his order book.

I'm sure you'll make contact with him shortly. The Aluminum low C is worth the wait. I've owned a couple other low C's and the Burke has been the best all-around of them, IMO.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Yeah ... Just keep in mind that even the biggest whistle makers are really very small operations.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
srleslie

Post by srleslie »

Thanks, all, for the positive attitudes. You're probably right that I should just be patient. It was just that, though his web site points out that he has a life outside of making whistles (he and his wife both work full-time) he will answer an email within 24 hours, and he has, in fact, done just that in the past. Not this time, though.

I'd figured the Low C was worth waiting for, and you've verified that assumption. Shall wait. And some more, if necessary.
Leslie Richelle __________________________________________________________________
cunparis
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by cunparis »

srleslie wrote:Thanks, all, for the positive attitudes. You're probably right that I should just be patient. It was just that, though his web site points out that he has a life outside of making whistles (he and his wife both work full-time) he will answer an email within 24 hours, and he has, in fact, done just that in the past. Not this time, though.

I'd figured the Low C was worth waiting for, and you've verified that assumption. Shall wait. And some more, if necessary.
Please share some recordings of your Low C when you get it, I imagine it will be magnificent and worth the wait.