Cary Parks Whistles.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
willy
antispam: No

Cary Parks Whistles.

Post by willy »

Met a guy at a session last night who had a selection of whistles by this maker,and let me play a few.I have to say what lovely whstles they are and the Walkabout model is well,the next whistle Ill be buying.After playing whistle for 40 years ive seen alot of whistles !but his are really superb in both sound and craftmanship,my hats off to him.
Trout Mask
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Cary Parks Whistles.

Post by Trout Mask »

Wish he'd do a Bb ...
Fast & Bulbous
plunk111
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

He IS doing a Bb - mine should be in my mailbox today. Not on his site yet, though...
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
Trout Mask

Post by Trout Mask »

plunk111 wrote:He IS doing a Bb - mine should be in my mailbox today. Not on his site yet, though...
That's good news. thanks for that
Fast & Bulbous
ecohawk

Re: Carey Parks Whistles.

Post by ecohawk »

Just got mine. It's a stunner visually. Shiny black body with creamy white details. Good feel in hand and weight. Really well balanced between octaves. Not completely pure with just a light chiff. Medium volume, reminds me of my Sindt or my Jerry Gen nickel Bb in tone but just a might louder than the Sindt. About the same volume as the Jerry Gen Bb. Not as loud as the Burke or the Water Weasel. Doesn't require much breath to either. A little stretch between the two bottom holes, easy to get used to, but the tuning is spot on across two octaves as a result. I'll be playing this a lot. I believe Cary made just a few of these from the picture he sent. I'll post a clip as soon as I can get my recording stuff set back up.

Nice whistle Carey. Really nice. Glad I bugged you so much to do it now. Apparently I wasn't alone!

I know I do this quite often but we are a really spoiled lot.

I hope Carey doesn't mind me posting the pic he sent me. If you do I'm sorry Carey. :o

Thanks.
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
Trout Mask

Post by Trout Mask »

Is it the two part or three part model Eco?
Fast & Bulbous
ecohawk

Post by ecohawk »

It is a two part whistle but the separation point makes it break down into two nicely sized parts. Since this whistle requires no lubrication it is clean and it is still very portable. I'm loving it.
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
wyodeb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by wyodeb »

Carey is wonderful to deal with. And his workmanship is superb.

Deb
Trout Mask

Post by Trout Mask »

ecohawk wrote:It is a two part whistle but the separation point makes it break down into two nicely sized parts. Since this whistle requires no lubrication it is clean and it is still very portable. I'm loving it.
Thanks eco, I may contact Phil at Big Whistle to see if he will be stocking these
Fast & Bulbous
dspmusik

Post by dspmusik »

yes, i tested the new Bb, and concur, if you don't have a Bb, get one of these! (low A's and G's coming soon, shhh...)
"By this we know we have passed from death to life: that we love our brothers."
skyspirit
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by skyspirit »

dspmusik wrote:yes, i tested the new Bb, and concur, if you don't have a Bb, get one of these! (low A's and G's coming soon, shhh...)
Wonder if he will ever made a low D? Just curious. :)
Learning how to learn....my music teacher