Is Setanta Whistles still in business?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
CPA
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I like descant recorder and treble recorder in classical music and so I like tin whistle and low whistle in folk music.

Is Setanta Whistles still in business?

Post by CPA »

Good afternoon,

a few days ago I created my account on the Setanta Whistle website. I tried to login but the website replied: "Your account has been created, but must be approved by the site owner. We'll send you an email once that happens." Today the situation is the same. I have already reported the problem to Setanta Whistle via email, but have not received any news. Are any of you in contact with Setanta Whistle and receive answers from it? Thank you.

CPA
Mr.Gumby

Re: Is Setanta Whistles still in business?

Post by Mr.Gumby »

First thing on their home page:
Covid-19 Update:
Due to there current trying circumstances there are inevitable delays. Here at Setanta Whistles we're endeavouring to fulfil all orders as soon as possible. Please bear with us and above all ... STAY SAFE!!
My brain hurts

CPA
Tell us something.: I like descant recorder and treble recorder in classical music and so I like tin whistle and low whistle in folk music.

Post by CPA »

Mr.Gumby wrote:First thing on their home page:
Covid-19 Update:
Due to there current trying circumstances there are inevitable delays. Here at Setanta Whistles we're endeavouring to fulfil all orders as soon as possible. Please bear with us and above all ... STAY SAFE!!
Ehm, Ehm, Ehm... "...fulfil all orders as soon as possible." is not... "... enable an account.": the shipment of the goods exposes anyone to the risk of contagion, while enabling an account only involves typing some commands on a keyboard ... :)

CPA
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

In case this helps, McNeela Instruments sells Setanta whistles and seems to be having a sale going on.

[[No, I'm not affiliated with McNeela in any way.]]

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
CPA

Post by CPA »

Steve Bliven wrote:In case this helps, McNeela Instruments sells Setanta whistles and seems to be having a sale going on.

[[No, I'm not affiliated with McNeela in any way.]]

Best wishes.

Steve
Thanks!

CPA
CPA

Post by CPA »

Alas, consumer misfortune haunts me this week: as soon as I bought on the McNeela website it became inaccessible to me. I always get a "server error" every time I try to connect to it. Do you also have this problem?

CPA
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

It works fine for me. Have you tried another browser? Or accessing it from a different device (phone, iPad, etc)?
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Ehm, Ehm, Ehm... "...fulfil all orders as soon as possible." is not... "... enable an account."
No iot isn't. But I took the statement as one of two parts : there will be delays, in general, and orders, specifically, will be filled when they can.

As far as I know Setanta works out of the backroom of McNeela's industrial unit. Most likely not the place for social distancing and safe wortk practices during a pandemic. And that is before local lockdowns and that sort of thing kick in.

Shipment of goods is not thought to be any risk and this is borne out by government advice early on and the huge amount of online buying taking place all throuigh the lockdown. Delivery drivers are tearing down the backroads of Ireland dropping off stuff all the time and the systems are working, if under stress put on them by the sheer volumes involved. Social distanced drop offs are in place. So that won't be the problem, most likely, I am guessing, they're not coming in to work much, if at all, for the moment anyway.
My brain hurts

CPA

Post by CPA »

Sedi wrote:It works fine for me. Have you tried another browser? Or accessing it from a different device (phone, iPad, etc)?
Basically the same thing happens even from smartphone: error due to DNS failure. Maybe there is a problem on my internet provider's server.

CPA
CPA

Post by CPA »

Sedi wrote:It works fine for me. Have you tried another browser? Or accessing it from a different device (phone, iPad, etc)?
Mhm... now it works with Firefox, not with Edge: it's a mistery!!! :sniffle:

CPA
RoberTunes
Tell us something.: I am a flute, guitar, keyboard + whistle player learning about quality whistles, musical possibilities and playing techniques. I've recorded a CD of my own music and am creating music for kids.

Post by RoberTunes »

I think in general, lots of added leeway should be given to suppliers. The COVID19 situation will have radically adjusted how some people are operating, and some, like me, will have likely taken a look around and decided to take some time OFF the schedules of commerce, to go explore life a little, in new ways.

If I was inquiring or ordering anything online, I'd consider.........
1) if it was from an established store, whether buying or inquiring, I wouldn't expect a response of any kind, within 15 days. If so, it's a bonus, if not, let it coast. Check up on it 3 or 4 weeks later. They're legit, they'll take care of you.
2) if it was directly from an instrument maker, whether buying or inquiring, I'd not check on it for at least 4 weeks. If it's an established whistle maker and not "Joe's Ad-Hoc Crazy Whistles And Pizza", then they'll take care of your order at the pace they're now operating.
Give 'em a break.
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

RoberTunes wrote:I think in general, lots of added leeway should be given to suppliers.
I just ordered a couple of whistles from a vendor I've not dealt with previously (after finding that one didn't seem to have a way for me to input a billing address that was different from my shipping address, and another was going to charge $20 to ship two whistles to me via USPS Priority...no, thanks). The order was placed this past Friday (4 September), and I received an automated e-mail acknowledgment. Hopefully they will be able to get it to me so I can give the Dixon Trad D a go on my birthday, but if not, I'm understanding...if they communicate well.