Guido Gonzato alto A whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JTC111
antispam: No

Guido Gonzato alto A whistle

Post by JTC111 »

I know I'm preaching to the choir as far as some of you go, but I just got my alto A GG whistle in the mail last night and I can't imagine how you can do better than this for the price ($44 including shipping). This is a really nice sounding whistle and it's not at all difficult to control. My only criticism (and it's a slight one and I'm guessing better players than I would probably not even mention it) would be that it's a little easier to overblow in the lower octave than my high end whistles but it's not so easy to do as to make the whistle hard to handle. The upper register has a little more chiff than I'm used to but I don't count that as a negative, merely another interesting flavor. And because Guido mentions it on his website as something some folks may be concerned about, the mouthpiece doesn't feel any less comfortable than any mouthpiece on any other whistle I own. One other thing I've noticed is that after a half hour of playing, I didn't have the usual accumulation of moisture in the mouthpiece that I usually have with some other whistles.
This whistle will have a sibling or two before very long. Image
Jim

I wish I were a Lord Mayor, a Marquis or an Earl
And blow me if I wouldn't marry old Brown's girl
Blow me if I wouldn't marry old Brown's girl

http://www.jimcaputo.com