Taking the plunge...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Well, My friends, I've just made my first visit to the Whistle Shop. I went there looking for a Dixon Low D (my first low D!!!) For good measure, I went ahead and got a Susato C as well. Then I came over here. Quickly. I think I'll get off line and go running now. Or maybe ask a trusted friend to hold on to my Visa until this feeling goes away...

Hoping UPS is working well this week--
Tom

p.s. I'm intrigued by the name "Hoover" whistles; never heard of them. I was tempted to get one. But I rather suspect they suck.

Hee Hee! Gosh, I crack myself up.
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Hey Tom,
I have a few lying around the shop. Come for a visit July 21 and you can see. I've always liked the clean jokes.
Mack
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

Tom,

Thom would be glad to order you a Dixon C. I have both Soprano Dixon's C and D. Great little whistles. Go ahead, order one, just one more whistle, its only one more.. It may take a little while for it to get in (shipment from England). You'll have your Susato to bide you over.

See you didn't run away quick enough..
besides I couldn't resist the openning alliteration. (Tom Thom)

I know with those new whistles you'll...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeeMarsh on 2001-07-03 10:50 ]</font>
rodger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rodger »

Well, dang it anyway,

I tried to resist the pull, but I give up... I can't fight it anymore. WhOA strikes again. As soon as I can scrounge up a few more bucks (next Friday is my goal), I'm also going to take the plunge with you and order a Dixon Low Pro D. I wanted another, easier-to-play low D (I have a Shaw now) and also wanted to have a go at flute, too. The Dixon Duo seems the obvious answer!

Is the Whistle Shop the best US dealer for Dixon instruments? Are they available anywhere else in the US? (I'm in Albuquerque, NM).

Rodger
DrGiggles
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by DrGiggles »

Dixon may be available via local music shops (however I seriously doubt it), but why make the effort when you KNOW they're at the Whistle Shop? They've always been kind, prompt and very informative. (I don't trust the UPS, so I go for the Postal option... and it's always arrived within 3 days)

The only other option I would take would be dealing with Tony Dixon himself - but I hate dealing with Foreign Currency Conversion and International Postage.

I live in San Diego, and I did search the music stores, and the only whistles I've found were Generations, Acorns, Clarkes, and the Guiness. And that was after 3 days of phone calls...

Depressing isn't it? Good Luck on the Dixon, the Soprano D is still my fav.

-Frank
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

In the US -
Dixon's are carried by ... House of Music Tradition has some new management but there have been problems in the past with thier mail order. They are great folks in person, and will let you try any and all of the instruments in their shop. They also do boths in a number of festivals in VA., MD, and PA.

For Mail order - I'd recommend Thom at the Whistle Shop. He has gone the extra bit with me on a couple of occasions to assure that he has THE BEST customer service.

I haven't had any dealing with Hobgoblin other than to recieve their catalog and search their website. I included both HobGob & HMTrad for those in driving range of each.

So Let Your WhOA Go and ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeeMarsh on 2001-07-03 13:57 ]</font>
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

My Low D is on back order!!! AAAAAaaaaahhhhhrrrrrrr!!!!!

Thom, how could you DO this to me?

Ahem...deep, cleansing breath...

Well, it's the hardships in life that make us strong, isn't it? I shall endure somehow, and I know I'll be a better person in hindsight.

Tom

I'll say it again:
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.