May commercial post, and a Thank you...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

May commercial post, and a Thank you...

Post by brewerpaul »

The thank you first... I recently sold Busman Whistle #400, and I'd like to thank all of my friends and supporters.
I got my lathe almost exactly 10 years ago and started learning to make whistles with Glenn Schultz (who secretly colluded with my wife to help her find and buy the lathe as a surprise 50th birthday present for me). After sending out several early models to friends for evaluation, I sold the first of my whistles about a year later.
I only figured that I'd sell one here , one there but was very pleasantly surprised to find that there was a demand for my efforts.
I'm in the lovely position that I don't need to depend on whistle making as my sole livelihood, so I don't have to worry if sales are up or down. I'm busy enough with the hobby/business that it's still just as much fun as it was on day one, but not so busy that it ever feels like a job.
Over the past 9 years, Charlene and I have used whistle income for many wonderful "extras" in our life including paying for our wedding, a pair of kayaks, and quite a few wonderful vacations that would otherwise have been impossible.
Perhaps the biggest, and unexpected, bonus has been making fabulous friends literally all around the world. All in all, this has been one of the most rewarding and fulfilling things I've ever undertaken and again, I thank you all.

Now to business...
Here are a couple of finished or near finished whistles for your consideration:

The Acetal/Dymondwood and the Dymondwood with finger holes are finished and ready to ship. That hybrid was a Dymondwood whistle whose body splintered, but was too pretty to trash. The price on that one is a reduced $200. Plays exactly the same as a full Dymondwood.
Observant viewers may note that the unfinished Dymondwood looks a bit long. My goof-- it was meant to be either a D+ or C, but I mismeasured so it's too short :( . It will be cut down to a D.

I still have lots of other beautiful timber in the ol' woodpile too!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: May commercial post, and a Thank you...

Post by brewerpaul »

The finished Dymondwood and the hybrid are taken. Thanks!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Hi, Paul.

Congratulations.

You're a great friend (among many great friends here I've still never met) and an inspiration.

Here's to the next 400.

Best wishes,
Jerry
You can purchase my whistles on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/freemanwhistle ... pg=&_from=

or directly from me:

email jerry ("at") freemanwhistles ("dot") com or send a PM.
pipersgrip
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by pipersgrip »

Awesome job Paul, congratulations! Those dymondwood ones look insane.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan