Hobgoblin USA

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
southport
antispam: No

Hobgoblin USA

Post by southport »

Has anyone bought anything from Hobgoblin USA? I am thinking about buying a new whistle from them and wondered if they were a good company to deal with. :)
Thomaston

Re: Hobgoblin USA

Post by Thomaston »

I bought my Dixon Trad from them about 3 years ago. I don't recall having any problems at all with the transaction.
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

Same here, Dixon Trad around 3 years ago. They were very helpful, no problems.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
mickey66
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Post by mickey66 »

I placed an order a few days ago and have not heard a word and my visa has not been charged.....don't know????
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

mickey66 wrote:I placed an order a few days ago and have not heard a word and my visa has not been charged.....don't know????
Have you tried calling Hobgoblin? They're a fairly small shop, I think, and should be able to tell you what's going on if there's a backorder or problem.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
elwalti

Post by elwalti »

I ordered a Harper from them last year, and had it within two days. I've dealt with them on a number of general questions, and have never had a problem with them.
Feed the soul art and music -- it will live forever.

Erin
Blazer

Post by Blazer »

I bought a Dixon Trad from them about 3 months ago. It was delivered promptly and without incident. I would not hesitate to order from them again.
Bill Hennessy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Bill Hennessy »

I bought a couple of Sweetones from them and, I think, a Dixon Pro D. It worked out great.
sablemist
Tell us something.: I would like to update my email address in my profile. I had been away from playing Irish music, but I've taken up an interest again. I originally created my profile using an email address I rarely use. So I would like to update it if I am able to.

Post by sablemist »

I just purchased a Chieftain V3 Low D from Hobgoblin at the North Texas Irish Festival on March 6. It was pretty noisy at the festival (live bands playing all around), so it wasn't until I got home that I realized it played much quieter than I would prefer. So I called them about it & they were extremely nice. I wanted to spend the week thinking it over, & when I decided to exchange it for a KerryPro Low D, there was no problem at all. They received my Chieftain V3 on a Friday, and the following Monday my KerryPro arrived. (Which, I am pleased to say, I really love playing!) So they've been just great to deal with.

P.S. As for the charge not showing up right away, my March 6th charge didn't show up for 2 weeks, so maybe it takes them some time with the payment processing - but I still had my whistle!
AvienMael
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by AvienMael »

Hobgoblin USA is a great company to deal with. Also, you won't see your credit card charged until they actually ship your whistle.
Playing, not paying.
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

mickey66 wrote:I placed an order a few days ago and have not heard a word and my visa has not been charged.....don't know????
I believe Hobgoblin USA is closed Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. So if you send it Sunday, they don't see it until some time on Wednesday. They also have a policy to not bill your credit account until the item ordered is shipped.

Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh.
howardi
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by howardi »

i bought a low G whistle from them recently. they were great. played a couple whistles for me over the phone. i returned the whistle i ordeed within 30 days and my charge was credited the full amount. their policy was 30 day return - no charge. over $100 - no ship charg. one of their minneapolis stores closed, but ther'e is another one in that city and one in red wing minn. i was very happy with the service. give them a call.
mickey66
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Post by mickey66 »

Just within the past week I bought and received 3 Gens....D,B flat,C two of the whistles had dents in them....one next to a hole the other on the bottom But as stock Gens they sound pretty good. I got no emails from them when my items were shipped.....is this good or bad? I don't like dents on my whistles but on the other hand they sound good.....I did not complain but I won't buy from them again! Good Luck PS: I forgot this....there will be a lag time from when you place the order online to when your card is charged......a matter of days.
wizzywig

Post by wizzywig »

Complain absolutely, it will only improve their service.
squidgirl

Post by squidgirl »

mickey66 wrote:Just within the past week I bought and received 3 Gens....D,B flat,C two of the whistles had dents in them....one next to a hole the other on the bottom But as stock Gens they sound pretty good.<snip> I don't like dents on my whistles but on the other hand they sound good.....I did not complain but I won't buy from them again!
Generations are the only whistles I've bought that arrived with major dents on the tubes. I wouldn't blame Hobgoblin -- the location of my dents suggested that they were a result of how the tubes/holes were cut, which would make it Generation's fault.
cephalopods => weirdly intelligent