***Rocky Mountain Session/July 21-22***

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Ron--

I happen to specialize in stepdancing while playing the tuba, so we're covered there, too.

Tom

p.s. Don't be alarmed, I'm joking.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Boy! Ya know guys, if we just stayed three months at Mack's place, we might as well just turn this into Oktoberfest! :smile:

I'm going to email our uilleann friend once more and try to solidify some plans with him. I truly can't wait for that weekend though!

It's gonna be cool to see the workshop too. Although I can't seem to get over the fact that it's kinda like health class in Jr. High...you know what I mean...learning about how you're all put together and how all your parts work. I'm now gonna see how all the parts come together in a whistle right before my eyes!

Which is of course much COOLER than in health class, because they never let anyone have a baby in class. Now I can at least watch a whistle being born! But Mack, you've gotta promise me: no talk about pistols and stamen!!! :grin:

See you all there!

Bri~
Ron Rowe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ron Rowe »

Mack,
Since you are being kind enough to host this at your home is there anything we can bring? Food? Pop?
Let us know

Ron
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

On 2001-07-11 15:48, Ron Rowe wrote:
Mack,
Since you are being kind enough to host this at your home is there anything we can bring? Food? Pop?
Let us know

Ron
I know you mentioned you prefered no 'drink' at your place Mack whish is totaly fine. But just in case anyone's interested, I'll try to bring some Guinness just in case! :smile: It can stay in the car, and be used "as needed". :smile:
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

I'll supply ice and tea. Bring pop if you prefer. We are minutes from City Market (very nice salad bar) and all kinds of fast food places. Let's play it by ear.

Brian, I did talk to Bill Sunday. He seemed mildly interested, but no commitment. Maybe I'll see some some interested folks at "Cherish The Ladies" tonight. Mesa State College got them to come because The Chieftains had to cancel. At least that's the story I heard. MSC didn't advertise this very well and I didn't get advance tickets because I just heard about it. Maybe just a rumor and I'll show up at rock concert!
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Ya just can't trust that Paddy Maloney anymore can ya?! :grin:

Well, see if Joanie and the girls might want to hang around for a little bit, and they can join us too!

I think I'm gonna make it out Saturday morning, instead of Friday night. I just don't know if I'll be up for the drive after almost a full day of work.

Perhaps I'll get ambitious that night and come out then anyway.

Hope you enjoy the concert either way Mack!
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Chieftains are suppose to be in France the 26th, so I don't see how they would be doing a show in Co a few days before, CTL however does have Grand Junction listed as one of 3 dates they are going to be playing for the Crested Butte Arts Festival. They will also be playing in Crested Butte on the 13th and Montrose on the 14th.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

On 2001-07-11 17:48, Mack.Hoover wrote:

Brian, I did talk to Bill Sunday. He seemed mildly interested, but no commitment. Maybe I'll see some some interested folks at "Cherish The Ladies" tonight.
Mack, I just wrote Bill another email tonight, so hopefully we'll get him with the peer pressure! How many Irish people live in Grand Junction anyway?! I don't seem to recall it being a very large place, and I know here in Salt Lake we're scarce at best! :smile: I'd be grateful for anyone else to play with myself! Perhaps I'll be able to lure some of you guys out to SLC sometime too huh?!

Bri~
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Brian,
Are you going to need a place to stay? I'm comming over in my motor home, it sleeps 7 and since I am comming alone there is plenty of room if you need a place. The offer is open to anyone else who needs a bed too.

Ron
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Sleep???? Who said anything about SLEEP?!?! :grin:

I thought this was gonna be the 48 hour whistle tune marathon! Like we were all gonna learn fifty new tunes inside and out, and have one kick butt recital Sunday afternoon!!!

Well, I guess if I MUST sleep...

I'll write ya off board Ron...Thanks!

B~
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

I like the way you're thinking, Brian. We can sleep at home! (:

Tom
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Guess it's time to float the R.M.S. thread again. Five days and counting. Excitement is mounting.
I'm going to see if we can use our subdivision park which has a grassy embankment where an audience can sit. It's
an ideal place for a Sunday afternoon "performance". Any "performers" coming? I can get the word out to the neighborhood and muster an audience. It's still just a thought.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

OH OH OH !!!!

I am SO EXCITED about all this!!! I recieved an email from Bill (piper from Blarney Pilgrim) yesterday, and he was saying he'd try to get some folks out on Sat. night too!

BOOYA!!!!

Guess I need to break out the polish, and play my little lips off for the next five days to practice huh? :grin:

Can't wait to see you guys!

Brian~
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

I have half a dozen tunes down pat and another 6-8 that I know fairly well. I hope you guys are bringing your teacher caps along cause I plan on learning alot from you this weekend
WyoBadger

Post by WyoBadger »

I'm with Ron--I love to perform the few tunes I know, but I'm sort of stuck in "eternal beginner" mode due to severe whistle isolation. I'll be full of questions and dumb looks, so be prepared!

Tom