***Rocky Mountain Session/July 21-22***

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mack.Hoover
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Hi Brian, That is better!

Marcee can't, Ron might, Tom will. No other C&Fers yet, but we can hope.

Any time Saturday when you can make it is good. I'll put you to work either teaching me to play or making whistles!
Brian Lee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Oh SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! I can have Mack help me build that squeakershriekinghonkomungus I've been meaning to! Now I can record Planxty Brian Dobson after all!! :smile:

B~
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Howdy, boys!

I'm planning on rolling in Friday sometime. I'm on vacation for the summer (ah, how I pitty you guys with real jobs! I play with kids and get paid for it!) so I can leave pretty early. So, Mack, want to hook up friday evening? If not, no worries. With a full tank of gas, my hiking boots, climbing and fishing gear, and whistles, I can keep myself entertained for a day pretty easily.

I'd love a whistle making lesson, too, if you're so inclined. I assume we're going to just make up the weekend as we go, which suits me fine...any schedules sessions or anything?

See you soon.

Tom
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Well, I got the official go ahead from my boss today! I can make it in either late Friday evening, or late morning on Saturday. Ron, if you'll be ther Fri. I may just have to see if I can make it out that night! Any word on Blarney pilgrim yet Mack?

See you guys VERY SOON!!! :grin:

Brian~
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Come as early Friday as you want Tom. We can plan the rest of the day. We'll be waiting up for you Brian! Ron, when will we see you?

I'll learn something at the Celtic Festival planning meeting tomorrow. I think Bill will be there.
You're right about Saturday being a play as you go day. Emphasis on play.

Hey Brian tell me what is the key
You intend to use for Brian Planxty?
I'll gather components and lay out a scheme
For a whistle that will fullfill your dream.
I will teach you to make it.
You can teach me to play it.
And we'll both walk away with the prize.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Oh Mack!

You are a rare breed aren't ya?! :smile:

Since I never seem to play in tune anyway, does a key really matter? If we just play it really really fast, no one will be the wiser right?!

See you soon my friend!

Bri~
Ron Rowe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ron Rowe »

I'll know tomorrow whether I can make it or not. If I can I will be pulling in between 9-noon depending on traffic and how early I can drag my butt out of bed. I'll be sure to bring my McHaffies so any of you who haven't tried one yet can, and I'll be bringing a full wallet in case Mack has any little gems lying around that aren't spoken for.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Well, I was able to contact the uilleann piper/whistler from the group 'Blarney Pilgrim' who as fate would have it, I also met at a session in Massachusets a month ago! They're based in Grand Junction as well, and he expressed interest in getting together this weekend.

Looks like this might be a pretty big bunch after all! :grin:

See all of you there!

B~
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Hi All,
Just got done talking to my buddy and he IS GOING TO COVER FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOO
Now I am trying to work it so I can take off Friday afternoon and make it up by Friday evening.
Brian, you gonna bring any other instruments besides your whistles?
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

What Ron...you think I got TALENT???!!! :grin: I will try to bring my new bodhrán (if it arrives by then!) and other than that, just my collection of odd whistles. I have my whistle case too, which in the absence of anything better, I've been known to play with my bodhrán tipper. Does that count?

Other than that, all Iv've got are some photos of me playing uilleann pipes...thank goodness you can't hear them!

See ya there!

Bri~
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

I really hope a piper shows up, I want to see a set close up and and watch someone work them
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Hey, Ron--
I might bring up my guitar just for fun. I don't know much about celtic music on it, but occasionally I can hit a chord that sounds right.

I think I'll leave the euphonium and tuba at home, though, if that's OK.

Tom

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WyoBadger on 2001-07-09 11:36 ]</font>
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

What? No tuba for polka's? That's it, I'm not comming

(Big Grin)

Ron
SallyM

Post by SallyM »

Hey, Brian,
How 'bout you pick me up at SLC on Friday night? I'll carpool with you! :grin:
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

bodhrán, guitar, enough whistles to build a bridge between here and Erin, possibly a piper, all we need now is a few stepdancers and we'll have a regular Hoolie