Another Hello

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Hotblack
antispam: No

Another Hello

Post by Hotblack »

I dropped in to the pub last night to say hello. Nice warm welcome as well but I thought I'd say hello here and add a bit more about me and where I'm at (as it were).

Anywhoo. I'm David, I recently restarted playing the whistle after some 20-odd years of not doing so (long and dreadfully dull story). I recently got myself a guitar, learnt a few chords and tootled off to the local pub session. That inspired me to pick up the whistle again so I now either hack away on me guitar or squeak along on me whistle and generally make a damn nuisance of meself whilst getting pleasantly drunk on the guest ale.

For those that wish to know I have a collection of old Generation whistles (C, D and G in brass and an F in nickel.
I've got a black and gold Clarke C which I recently trashed trying to tweak it slightly. Not knowing what I was doing didn't help :o
I recently acquired a Feadog D and (for Christmas) a Dixon Trad D in brass and a lovely little instrument it is too. Having had a mooch around here last night I've just tweaked all the old Generations and the Feadog to surprising effect.

With my birthday coming up soon I have a Clarke C and D and a Dixon Tuneable Low D on my wish list.

Err. That'll do for now. :)
Cheers

David

I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.
riverman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Another Hello

Post by riverman »

Welcome!
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.
Blazer

Post by Blazer »

Glad to meet you here. I'm pretty new too... only a couple of months. Good luck with the rebirth of an great hobby.
Hotblack

Post by Hotblack »

Thanks chaps.
Cheers

David

I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.
Whistler Bard
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Whistler Bard »

Be welcome!

Hope you enjoy the rebirth, I can't wait to put my hands on me whistle too! Too long without regular playing!