Repealing of the licensing laws

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Clive Brown

Repealing of the licensing laws

Post by Clive Brown »

Does anyone know where I can find the music for 'repealing of the licensing law' ? Cant find it on Folktunefinder etc...
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Repealing of the licensing laws

Post by raindog1970 »

Sorry I can't be of any help in locating sheet music for the tune, but it shouldn't be difficult for you to learn it by ear with a little nudge in the right direction.
With a high D whistle, start out on the 2nd octave G and go all the way up to the 3rd octave E... and be careful not to damage your hearing! :o
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Clive Brown

Post by Clive Brown »

Gary,

Many thanks. My musicianship must be improving, as since posting i just went ahead and learnt it by ear. Even more remarkable, I'm blowing the same notes as you suggest. i must be doing something right !

Clive East Tisted, Hants
A-Musing
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by A-Musing »

Don't know the tune.
But if I did...
I'd paly it on one of my Humphrey Brass whistles.

EASY on the ears!

:)
You-Me-Them-Us-IT. Anything Else?
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

When did the didgeridoo become a 'celtic' instrument, anyway? Celtic bands with a didge are the absolute nadir.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
hoopy mike
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by hoopy mike »

s1m0n wrote:When did the didgeridoo become a 'celtic' instrument, anyway? Celtic bands with a didge are the absolute nadir.
"The Absolute Nadir" is a great name for a Celtic band with or without didgeridoo though.
paulanderson

Post by paulanderson »

When did the didgeridoo become a 'celtic' instrument, anyway?

When Steve Cooney added one to the mix of every album he produced.
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

I have all the Pogues studio albums and a fair amount of bootlegs, and can't recall ever hearing a didgeridoo on a single track.
Am I losing my memory or going deaf? :P
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

raindog1970 wrote:I have all the Pogues studio albums and a fair amount of bootlegs, and can't recall ever hearing a didgeridoo on a single track.
Am I losing my memory or going deaf? :P
Neither. I'm not sure why that ended up here; I was trying to reply to another thread.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis