Alba Soprano D Not For Sale

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
The Baron
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Alba Soprano D Not For Sale

Post by The Baron »

Hey, everybody.

As the thread title states, I'm selling my Alba Soprano D. I've played it only two or three times...great whistle (as various reviews have stated), but I've decided it's a bit too loud for my playing style.

I'm in the market for a whistle that will blend a bit more at the sessions I attend (which are fairly quiet). This Alba is great for all you folks out there that want to be heard and / or attend lively sessions. It's not INSANELY loud, but definitely has a strong voice. 'Tis a beautiful whistle to look and and to listen to.

This is essentially a brand new whistle. Stacy O'Gorman sells them from the Alba site for 75 British pounds (roughly $125). I'm not looking to make every dollar back, but offer me something reasonably close, and I'll have it to you in a jiffy!

~ Ryan
Ryan O'Rourke
arnie
antispam: No

Re: Alba Soprano D For Sale

Post by arnie »

You say it's a new style. Is it a Q1 (which is quieter) or the louder one?
The Baron
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Alba Soprano D NO LONGER FOR SALE

Post by The Baron »

arnie wrote:You say it's a new style. Is it a Q1 (which is quieter) or the louder one?
Hey, Arnie.

This is the regular Soprano High D, not the Q1. It has LOTS of volume...not like a shrieking terribly loud volume, just robust and easy to hear.

But alas, I have been playing this whistle more in the past few days and have really come to appreciate the beauty thereof. It is tremendously strong, and yet silky and sultry ( :o ) in the lower octave. Yeah, you have to use a lot of air in the upper octave in order for it not to squeak, but I'm getting used to that.

Anyhow, I've decided to hang on to it now that I've seen just how great it really is. Anybody know how to change the thread title??
Ryan O'Rourke
Denny

Re: Alba Soprano D For Sale

Post by Denny »

edit the original post

however ya only have 3 days....too late
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Alba Soprano D NO LONGER FOR SALE

Post by MTGuru »

The Baron wrote:Anyhow, I've decided to hang on to it now that I've seen just how great it really is. Anybody know how to change the thread title??
Done.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Tommy

Re: Alba Soprano D Not For Sale

Post by Tommy »

Hmmmmm..... oh ooo what! no, I'm not confused. However I suspose I could be. FS, NFS, that may or may not be the question. OOOOOHHHH...aaaaa I feel a nap is needed. :sleep:
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086