Thanks, Mack!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TonyaD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyaD »

I just received a package from Mack Hoover with two beautiful whistles in it. I was looking for something quieter than the Clarke Original and Walton Mellow D which were the previous extent of my whistle collection. I am amazed at the difference. Such a clear and pleasant tone. And soooo much easier to play than my other whistles. Truly they take about 1/3 the amount of air. And I can play really high without running my family out the door.

Mack is a very nice person in addition to his whistle-making skills. I could not decide between the traditional bore and the narrow bore (both in brass) that Mack offers. He wasn't much help in advising me which to buy. In fact, he didn't even try. He just sent me both and told me to return the one I decided against. Seems to think whistlers are an honest lot.

I played those whistles most of the day yesterday. Thank goodness they arrived on a Saturday. Now I don't want to send either one back (good marketing, Mack!). But I will. Can't justify having both at this point as I've only been playing such a short time. They both sound great. I may like the tone of the narrow bore a tad more, but the traditional bore is easier for this amateur to play. I think I'll be keeping that one.

No wonder so many of you are keen on the not-so-inexpensive whistles. I can truly recommend these Hoovers as an excellent first hand-crafted whistle for the beginner who is ready to branch out. They are a reasonable price ($50) plus they are beautiful to look at and to listen to. I sound better than I thought possible.

Thanks again, Mack.
Grannymouse
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Grannymouse »

I just want to concur.......you won't find a nicer or more humble guy on the planet than Mack. His whistles sound heavenly....hmmmmm.

Gm