The Legacy and The Flower of the Flock

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
macclay

Post by macclay »

I'm trying to learn a few tunes from Kilduff's video tape. I like to follow along with sheet music but I cannot locate sheet music for The Legacy or The Flower of the Flock. Although it was easy to find music for the Boys of the Blue Hill, it was extremeley frustrating trying to learn the tune because A: I have no talent and B: I found 4 different versions of the same tune which confuses me with my predominatley Germanic heritage ("Your papers are not in order!")Does anyone know a site where the two tunes above are available? Tried The Sessioneer...no luck.
claudine
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

if you give me your e-mail-adress, I can send you sheet music for both.
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

I don't know about sheet music, but I always like to hear more then one version of a tune whenever possible. Joanie Madden plays the Legacy Jig/Tar Road to Sligo on her first Song of the Irish Whistle CD. It's the one I learned from.

You may alsio wish to learn The Coulin from Vinny's video. It's a very popular and pretty air! Just play along slowly, and you'll bet it before you know it!

Bri~
Mark_J
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Mark_J »

Flower of the Flock, I'm pretty sure is in L.E. McCullough's 121 F.I.S.T. It's book and 4 cd's are probably the best $35 a whistle student could spend.

On the "Germanic Heritage" joke, I also have a fair proportion of Germanic heritage, so I think you would appreciate this. John Skelton said at a small concert, in response to some fool in the audience (me) that mentioned something about Germans. "Germans love Irish music, they can march so much faster."