contacting whistle and drum - Lon Dubhs

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
sponge
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

contacting whistle and drum - Lon Dubhs

Post by sponge »

Hi all,

I have tired on three occasions to get a reply from the whistle and drum website, last tried a week ago, and two weeks before that and a month before that, with no reply, I was enquireing about the Lon dubhs that are coming, has anyone else managed to get a reply, I have checked my spam box. the site does'nt appear to be updateing

also if the new Lon Dubhs are out in the world and anyone has tried or owns one I'd be interested in the thoughts.

cheers sponge
MTGuru

Re: contacting whistle and drum - Lon Dubhs

Post by MTGuru »

In the past I've tried contacting Blayne by e-mail several times, and my e-mails always went unanswered. So I gave up.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
sponge
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

Post by sponge »

Hi MTguru,

many thanks for responding, I think I will probably do the same, I will try and track Pat O'dwyer down and see if he will sell direct, not much good if Blayne is the only person with contact with the maker if he's not really doing the sales side of things, is whistle and drum an actual shop you can visit or just another virtual store, I am uk based anyway, but travel to Ireland at least 6 times a year so maybe I can get lucky and get hold of Pat, as far as I can remember he is a surgeon specializing in replacement hips and alike working in Ireland.

thanks sponge :)
tin-titan

Post by tin-titan »

Dear gentle sponge, I would try contacting Whistle and Drum's manager, Gabby Leavitt, either via phone or email. I inquired about a particular whistle that they carry and she wrote back to me via email fairly quickly. I wouldn't give up just yet.
"Wake up your bones,
Tune up your drones,
Let flee that heavenly tone."
tucson_whistler

Post by tucson_whistler »

sponge wrote:also if the new Lon Dubhs are out in the world and anyone has tried or owns one I'd be interested in the thoughts.
dear Mr. Sponge, i asked a similar question about these a few weeks ago... you can see the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74750&hilit=Lon+dubh

also, if you search for Lon dubh you'll get more results.

good luck,
eric
Sindt D | Gene Milligan blackwood D | Burke low D | Olwell keyless blackwood Eb/D/C flute
http://shakespeareanreview.com/
Blayne Chastain
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Blayne Chastain »

@sponge & @MTguru,

I just stumbled across this thread from a random google search. Sorry to hear you've had trouble getting hold of me! I'm not sure if this was the issue but for a period there, emails from our contact form were going to our spam box! So infuriating - google was tweaking their spam rules I suppose and even our own contact form wouldn't get delivered properly to us. I had Gabby check the spam box on a regular basis finally to make sure it wasn't happening any more.

I have to believe it was something like this that was to blame as I go through my email and voice mail religiously every week. Due to my teaching schedule and my work with St. Pat's, it can take at most a few days to hear back from me but I always enjoy chatting with fellow players.

BTW, since we moved over to our newer site platform, I don't have our return policy posted (on the 2do list) but you have 2 weeks to return all products except media (CD/DVD). As a player myself, I wouldn't want you to wind up with something that wasn't for you - simple as that.

Looks like we have a few more Lon Dubhs in stock from our last shipment btw.

I just updated our contact page as well :)

http://www.whistleanddrum.com/contacts

Best Wishes,