Dixon whistle flute duo/Susato low D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mike.r
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mike.r »

Does anyone know if the Dixon flute top can be adapted to replace the head of a Susato low D? If not,any comments on the Dixon Duo would be appreciated. :smile:Mike
DrGiggles

Post by DrGiggles »

As we say in the SCA: Anything is Possible with Duct Tape! :smile:

However, you might have some trouble as the two headjoint/body configurations are different. The Dixon headjoint fits into a sleeve that's attached to the body. Whereas the on the Susato, the sleeve is part of the headjoint. Maybe with a hack-saw...(shudder)

As far as the Dixon. I think I like the Tone of the Dixon better than most of my other PVC whistles. Some people (including myself) have found that the tuning is off on the Dixon - But my Generation D is far worse.

Good Luck! If you do get the two together I want to see a photo of your "Whistle"-stein monster. :lol:

-Frank
mike.r

Post by mike.r »

Thank you Frank,its a shame Susato dont offer this as their intonation is spot on.Maybe I can make my own ,cant hurt to try.Are both Dixon heads the same length ?and is the flute hole in the same location as the whistle window? Cheers :smile: Mike