Small Victories

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
StewySmoot
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by StewySmoot »

No, I didnt finally play in front of an audience,
No, I havent learned any songs by ear,

I did finally make an actual Black and Tan in my kitchen last night. It was a thing of beauty, and I held my goblet in hand like it was the Holy Grail. I would send pictures but I hocked my camera for whistle money.

Use Harp Lager for the bottom (Dont try Old Milwaukee), pour Guinness Draught (I did spell that correctly?) slowly over a tablespoon into your mug. Dont use regular Guinness stout from the bottle. Dont work so well.

All right, so I cant play with the big boys, but I can sure bartend.
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Ahh yes, the important things in life! :smile:
mike.r

Post by mike.r »

Last night I finaly figured out how to graft a Susato head onto a G Generation. I celebrated my small victory with a cold V.B.(Victoria Bitter)I have been saving for such an occasion. :grin: Mike
StevePower

Post by StevePower »

OK, fair enough, I live in Ireland and maybe these things are to be expected - but I don't have a Guinness (spelling is, and <i>was</i> correct) draft pump in my kitchen!!

I mean, is this usual where you are? Are the Irish themselves - not that I <i>am</i> Irish, but I know lots of 'em - missing out on an important domestic innovation? It would certainly negate the need to walk 500 yards or so to the 'place of the draft porter' in the evening.

Steve :wink:
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

We, across the pond, have Guinness Draught in 14 oz cans. There is a little gas cylinder inside the can which fizzes up the stuff as soon as it is opened.
It aint out of a tap, and certainly doesnt pack the ambience of a pub, but it is close.
Certainly closer than half the swill I usually quaff.