New Organization for Trad. Irish Musicians

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
WhistlingGypsy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by WhistlingGypsy »

Thought this might be of interest. Taken from this weeks Irish Emigrant publication 'Arts Ireland'

Cheers :smile:
Gerry

A new organisation has been established to represent the interests of traditional Irish musicians. Fili, Amharanaithe agus Ceoiltoiri na hEireann (FACE) has been established by musicians themselves with a variety of aims, including to help members economically, to establish complaints and watchdog commissions and create an international touring agency. The organisation currently has 130 members, and its membership list is a who's-who of the traditional music world. Work in the pipeline for FACE includes the releases of a compilation by members (including Mary Black, Donal Lunny, Andy Irvine, Iarla O Lionaird and Triona Ni Dhomhnaill) and a new cd from Liam O Maonlai.

FACE also fielded four candidates for election to the Board of the Irish Music Rights Organisation (IMRO). Further information on FACE and its activities can be found at its website at
http://www.e-tradnet.ie

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WhistlingGypsy on 2001-08-24 15:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WhistlingGypsy on 2001-08-24 15:35 ]</font>
AnnaDMartinez
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

I'll be forwarding the URL to the Black Hills Musicians Guild...we have no agrgessive arts advocacy here, and the Guild stil hasn't explained to me what the benefits of joining will be...so they ain't getting my money, but I would support htis organization!