new whistle article for West River, SD

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
AnnaDMartinez
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

http://panachepages.com/motherwolfhowls.shtml

my new whistle article is up on Panache Pages!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anna Martinez on 2001-08-24 14:51 ]</font>
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Thank you for the link! The article was delightful! But where in the world can you get a whistle for a dollar?

:smile: Jessie
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Anna- what a great warm article. I think after this it shouldn't be named Deadwood- it seems with you there it is anything but.

Mark
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
AnnaDMartinez
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Jessie! I thought you guys would know! LOL! Isn't there a line of toy whistles that are cheap? Mark, you've never been here in the winter! It's dead in Deadwood! The town was named after all those dead trees left by pine bark beetles. They're putting a huge stage up in the street for a concert and there's hundreds of vintage cars in the street...time for me to go home and loaf!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anna Martinez on 2001-08-24 15:09 ]</font>
Ron Rowe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ron Rowe »

Anna,
You used to hang around the Folklore Center here in Denver? To cool, that's where I buy my whistles and cd's and my wife's new borhan.
The whistling world just keeps getting smaller and smaller.
Mick Woodruff

Post by Mick Woodruff »

Hey, no time was wasted publishing this one! Thank you again, Anna, for the generous and kind reference. :smile:<P>Mick
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Ron, that was 1965! LOL! Then I hung around the Chicago School of Folk Music, playing bluegrass!

Mick, thanks for letting me quote your page and the link...nice thing about writing for Panache is the long rope they give me to hang myself with! Just telling the truth, your playing does send shivers up my spine and keeps me on track with practicing!
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

65 huh? It's nice to see that some things can weather the winds of change.
As for Mick he's a great guy and very helpful when asked for advice. He helped me out alot when I started playing
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

What's great about Mick, is that his warmth always shines through! (looking around to see if Mick is blushing!)
Mick Woodruff

Post by Mick Woodruff »

Well, you're making me chuckle, but if I was in the same room with you guys, I would certainly be blushing! Hehehe :oops:
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Mick, you hang around with me, you'll certainly be blushing! :wink:
Blaine McArthur

Post by Blaine McArthur »

Just read yer piece in the "paper," and it got me ta thinkin' .... (I do that sometimes.)

Heck Anna I say we give them biker bums a run for their money! I propose that we hold the first annual FippleFest (insert trademark symbol here) next summer right there in the heart of Deadwood, SD. Imagine the consternation of all those old chaos when billions of whistlers from around the world converge on their fair town, and proceed to busk to their hearts content on every corner available (how many corners are there?

Keep em guessing

Blaine
Mick Woodruff

Post by Mick Woodruff »

Anna, I believe you! LOL
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Hey, Blaine, we're already planning on going for a cheezy Guiness Book of World Records record by organizing the world's largest drum circle in 2002! Without cooperating with the Chamber of Commerce! All the Bodhran players should consider coming! The thing with the drum circle is that it's so multi-cultural, and having Native Americans here drumming with all of us. Well, it's got to be awesome! Me, being an honorary Chinese, I'm gonna bang the wok with a wooden spoon! How about a Fipple Fest during the 2003 rally...naw...there'd be no place to stay withing 150 miles! However, a bunch of whistlers skiing and whistling...now maybe the Chamber might buy that! There's about 16 corners and lots of nice verandas and stairs to busk on! Heck, the jail would never hold us all! I already have the Living History actors believing that the whistle (and reels and jigs) was more likely to be heard in a Civil War battle camp than a harmonica! I wonder how whistling would go with "The Gunfight at the OK Corral?" We're doing it on Labor Day up the hill in Lead!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anna Martinez on 2001-08-24 15:56 ]</font>
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

seems to me that the chance for the previously mentioned whistle through the brain is much more likely to occur while skiing that while the airbag in your car deploys