Whistles RULE!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
AnnaDMartinez
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

I just got asked to stop playing in a back room of Oyster Bay, not because I was playing badly or playing along with the BBC session page, but because my Generation D was
louder than the loudest juke box in Deadwood!
Poor waiter said he couldn't hear the food orders in the front room, and I was playing behind closed doors! Think I'll have to take my computer home, not getting in my six hours of practice! Now the tourist season is coming to a close, all I'll have to do is practice and hybernate. I'm excited about the new Tully coming. Eric has been a joy to deal with via E-mail, and I'll let you know, but I expect the whislte and the transaction to be a real success. He e-mailed me that it could be any where from two to four weeks for delivery from the day he shipped it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anna Martinez on 2001-08-17 21:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anna Martinez on 2001-08-18 17:13 ]</font>
Stan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Stan »

Well, you were playing loud enough
that my good friend could hear you
all way over in Sturgis. He even
heard you playing the wrong second
part to "Maggie in the Woods" from
time to time........
AnnaDMartinez
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Oy freekin'vey! He did, I'm sure! Prolly was playing the wrong second part to Maggie in the Woods, or just squawking the high notes on some sentimental "Green Beer" Irish piece! Actually, Beatnix in Sturgis is a pretty good place to play. For the first time here in South Dakota, I was playing with an old timey banjo player and a few others at Beatnix, and he suprised the daylights out of me my saying "Take it, Whistle!" of course I did! Around here, a session is defined by everybody (amplified acoustic guitars) playing at once on everything BUT Celtic! Good to know I can shout 'em all down from the back of the room with my trusty little Generation D! Those biker banjo players were something else! All you can do is grab a song right out from under them! I figure if I keep playing on the street, sooner or later the whistles will catch on! Maybe the owner of the Franklin hotel will stop importing Celtic bands from Denver on St. Pat's Day!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anna Martinez on 2001-08-18 14:32 ]</font>