Official Chiff and Fipple Jewelry

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

I would like to do a design that I can make available to C&F people. It could say "Chiff and Fipple" or not. It will be whistle-themed. Any ideas? Pendant? adjustable wrap-around whistle ring? I think the price will be around $38 including shipping. I welcome input.

Dale, we'll work out any copyright infringement. :smile:

:smile: Jessie
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Ok.

Have your lawyer contact my lawyer. Or, better yet, have your lawyer contact my podiatrist, Dr. Paul Busman.

Dale
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Ok...my lawyer will contact your podiatrist. Actually, how about if my optopmetrist contacts your podiatrist? Yeah, that's it.

AnnaDMartinez
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

I would love to have a chiff and fipple piece of jewely, considering my Tully will be way to big to show off and wear on a chain!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anna Martinez on 2001-08-17 21:02 ]</font>
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Well, my wife loved the little silver Copeland pendant so much that she didn't even blink when I bought an Overton Low D from Colin, so I'm certainly ready for a new JessieK original.

A charm might work - or how about a little larger pin with, say, a whistle crossing a simple ring (imagine a no smoking logo for the basic concept)?
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

I AM Dale's Podiatrist, and I'd strongly suggest that you make some toe rings!
bsykes62

Post by bsykes62 »

I really like the idea of a wrap around ring for a man's finger.
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

How about a kilt pin? It could double as a woman's broach
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I don't know about a whistle going across a simple ring...seems like a no whistling sign. Hmph. And I'm really not the pin-making type. Pins make holes in things. I'm not crazy about them. But thanks for the suggestions! How about a pendant that could also be available as a keyring (with a sterling silver keyring attachment)? This doesn't rule out the wraparound whistle ring.

StevePower

Post by StevePower »

I have a Jethro Tull flute style pin - a bit like a tie clip (except it pins). If you're not keen on puncturing surfaces Jessie, you could do something to clip onto clothing (or ears).

Long objects like whistles don't really fit with rings, though. Pins, might work if you could overcome your puncture problem.

Steve (p.s. I'm sending you a book for your birthday).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StevePower on 2001-08-18 18:21 ]</font>
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Personally, I think a whistle-designed item is less exciting than something more Chiff-and-Fipple-ish, though I am fond of the fingerhole pattern. I can see an arc of the words 'Chiff and Fipple' in an old fashioned sort of font, with the fingerhole dots beneath, and if you could get the word 'poststructuralist' in there, that would be icing on the cake!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

I'm with Steve on the tie clip (the ones that go across the tie, not through it).

Erik
Eldarion

Post by Eldarion »

I second tyghress' comment. Rod-like whistles shapes don't make aesthetic jewellery all the time. Jewellery with "Chiff and Fipple" engraved or something other than rod-shaped jewellery would be good too, and more versatile to work with. But then again, I think it might be pretty kewl to have a minature Generation D pin with a nice red mouthpiece and brass body.(Playability is optional) But thats just me.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Ok...thanks for the ideas. I'll start working on some things and post pictures when I'm done.

Champ

Post by Champ »

Hmmm, the only jewellery I ever wear is my wedding ring and a watch.

I'd make use of a pin or, better still a key chain whatsit, but I can't see myself wearing a ring or pendant.