Cherish the Ladies

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
merlinthedog

Post by merlinthedog »

Just saw Cherish the Ladies last night. Music was excellent. A few songs featured 3 whistles and were quite impressive. Highly recommend seeing if you get a chance.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

I agree-- don't miss the Ladies if they come within a coupla hundred miles of where you live. All amazing musicians, and they put on a terrific, varied show. At one visit to the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall, Joanie did a takeoff on Michael Flately which was a total scream.
Kelhorn Mike
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Kelhorn Mike »

I concur with the above. Saw them back in
May and it was the best show I've been to
in years. Their New CD "Can't leave the Boys
Alone" with many guest artists (mostly male)
is some great stuff.
Cinead

Post by Cinead »

Joanie is a hoot (lots of laughs) in concert and in conversation. Wish I could have seen her Michael Flatley routine. It sounds like a classic.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

She's been doing the Michael Flatley sendup for a couple of years now. I've seen it three different times - no distance is too far for me to go to hear them play. Well, no distance under 200 miles anyway.

It's late in the show, when the audience is good and relaxed. They've been playing some fast stuff with the dancers (who are also VERY good) and maybe a couple of the band members taking a turn, when all of a sudden, Joanie comes leaping onto the stage from the left, complete with headband and Flatley smirk.

It IS a scream. Next time I'm remembering to bring a whistle - now can anyone suggest a way that an autograph might be actually signed ON a whistle????
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Try one of those Sharpie indellible fine tip pens, they work on sheet metal so should work fine on a whistle
JayMitch

Post by JayMitch »

I'm all excited! I just got tickets to hear CTL in Conway, AR on Sept 27. That's a bit more than 200 miles away, but that's okay. I'm sure it will be worth the drive.

--Jay