Selling: Copeland Low D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Wynder
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Selling: Copeland Low D

Post by Wynder »

Greetings, folks.

So, a while back I picked up a Copeland Low D brass whistle and, with all that's been going on, it is sadly an underplayed part of my collection... Rather than let it sit and collect dust, I figure someone should get some use and enjoyment out of it.

DETAILS: This is one of Michael's Low D conical whistles in brass that has a D-hole which has been custom cut off-center, in addition to his now-standard windway guard. It has a lovely, flute-like sound, a great traditional chiff and a low air requirement to sustain a note. It also comes with a draw-string cloth carrying case.

The whistle is in great condition and, if I recall, only has a few unnoticeable blemishes on the instrument, if any at all. I'm at work at the moment and don't have any pictures, but here's a video of me playing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZITjp822o0

PRICE: $399 (includes shipping and handling in the continental US), paid via PayPal.
Rob/Wynder
Whistle This - Founder
lalit

Post by lalit »

Do you play lefty (so the offset hole would be offset to the left), or is the video orientation flipped?
Wynder

Post by Wynder »

lalit wrote:Do you play lefty (so the offset hole would be offset to the left), or is the video orientation flipped?
The video is flipped. :) It's oriented for a right-hander.
Rob/Wynder
Whistle This - Founder
Wynder

Post by Wynder »

Since I've only gotten a few questions, but no serious interest, I've listed this whistle on eBay, starting at $325 with no reserve -- pictures have been added as well. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0154198528

Regards,
Wynder
Rob/Wynder
Whistle This - Founder
sbhikes

Post by sbhikes »

Off the subject, that's a great way to record video. I can never tell what the person is doing when I watch a video, but with your video flipped I could tell what notes you were playing with your fingers and everything. Kinda like a mirror.
~Diane

My Credentials as a rank beginner on the flute
Wynder

Post by Wynder »

Just wanted to post a quick note that there're less than two days left on this auction and a reminder that there is no reserve -- someone will be getting this whistle. :)

Rob/Wynder
Whistle This - Founder
Wynder

Post by Wynder »

And lastly, 23 hours left on the auction. Thanks so much for the questions and interest -- I've lowered to starting bid to $299 and dropped the buyout by $25.

Rob/Wynder
Whistle This - Founder
preacher
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Post by preacher »

Someone got a real bargain on this one!
Wynder

Post by Wynder »

preacher wrote:Someone got a real bargain on this one!
No doubt. :)
Rob/Wynder
Whistle This - Founder