Chiff and Fipple Photo Archives????

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Dear Dale,

I'd like to suggest, in light of Jessie's recent photo extravaganza to the Emerald Isle, that we think about a Chiff and Fipple photo archive! We've got messages from the board, we've got past newsletters, we've even got clips and snips. But how about a spot for photo's of members and/or their whistles?

I honestly have no idea what sort of time/resources this might require, but figured I'd throw it out as a suggestion.

Any others have thoughts along these lines?

Brian~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brian Lee on 2001-08-14 01:11 ]</font>
Blaine McArthur
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Blaine McArthur »

The Cittern list

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cittern

has a neat feature - a files page/link. People put pictures of their Zouks, pictures of themselves, misc. other .jpg and .bmps, transcriptions, songlists, text files listing their instrument collection, etc. Just go in, create new folder, and put whatever you want in it - more or less. These folders are open to evreyone else on the list to browse.

I don't know how much space it takes up though, but it is a neat feature.

Blaine
Jose Ortega y Gasset
kardshark87

Post by kardshark87 »

I think a photo gallery would be pretty cool.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Here's my suggestion based upon managing Clips and Snips, and doing my own websites, etc:
People build their own websites and upload to a free service like geocities. It's quite easy. (I'd be glad to give advice/help with it.) Then, C&F provides a link to your photogallery, either at this board, or the main site, or I'd put it on Clips and Snips. This board would be my recommendation.
Done this way, each photo/site owner has complete control over what goes into their own site and can update it at will, including designing a nice presentation. It could be a great thing. I love the idea. Here's my contribution: http://www.geocities.com/higginsyosemite/page46.htm (I hope I did the link right.)
Tony

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TonyHiggins on 2001-08-14 14:11 ]</font>
<font size=-1>[Fixed URL. -ed]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rich on 2001-08-14 14:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TonyHiggins on 2001-08-14 15:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TonyHiggins on 2001-08-14 15:31 ]</font>