Mr. O'Riordan's Whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Whistlepeg
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Whistlepeg »

I got a call from Pat the other day (am still trying to reach him) saying that it was time for my whistle order that I put in 2 years ago (I honestly had forgotten about it as it was before I knew much about whistle makers!!) Now I am wondering what I should get. I have a lovely blackwood D Weasle, an Alloy D Silkstone (which is my main performing instrument) and a Eb/D, C, Bb/A set of Sindts (which I adore) I also have a low D Copeland, Low G Waterweasle and numerous "inexpensive" whistles of which I tend to favour the Generations (I've never had problems with them) I have tried, and do not like the Copeland D - too flutey/breathy for my tastes but a beautifully made instrument none-the-less. My question..
suggestions for what I should get from Pat?
All comments would be appreciated.Thanks,
Sue
LKtz

Post by LKtz »

If it is an O'Riordan, get it and if you don't want it after you get it-sell it. I know I would die to get an O'Riordan but alas too long of a wait and big a price...I many people who would pay extra just to get an O'Riordan without the wait...
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

I have tried all of Pat's whistle models, and if you like Sindts and Weasels, I think you would really love a traditional mouthpiece of Pat's with d and c tubes. He charges $45 for the mouthpiece and $10 each tube.

:smile: Jessie
Eldarion

Post by Eldarion »

My only O'Riordan is in Low G and I did regret having not placed more orders after waiting the 2 years! Perhaps you could get a key that you don't have for an expensive whistle, like a low F or low A. At any rate, even if you don't like them (which I doubt will happen), you can get refund with Pat or like LKtz said, sell them to other whistlers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eldarion on 2001-08-14 01:15 ]</font>