I'm going shopping! (if I can find a whistle to buy)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Aoede
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Aoede »

A timid newcomer raises her hand (well, not that timid)....

I'm a religious reader of the newsletter, but I haven't yet dived into the board. The occasion of my visit is an urgent (well, everything to do with whistles is urgent) need to find another whistle in Amsterdam. I only had one with me, and now have none, thanks to a conjunction of two-year-old cousin and much loved whistle (don't ask). The cousin is much loved, too, so nothing explosive happened, but I would very much like to find another whistle soon. Does anyone know a folk/celtic/general music store in Amsterdam that stocks whistles? I would be eternally grateful, and I might start to spend far too much time here, now that I've started reading.... Thanks very much!
Curlyblue
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Curlyblue »

Hi there!

I live in Amsterdam and am very sorry to tell you that there is no such store around. There are quite a lot of music store and maybe one or two have a few generation whistles.

There is a Celtic Shop in Bergen Op Zoom where you can buy all lot of the cheap models and a few Low whistles as well. They send it out to you if you're not able to go to the shop (it's about 2,5 hrs from Amsterdam).

If you have a whistle emergency right now, I will be happy to give you one of mine.....

Let me know if you need to know more.

Take care,