No whistle Youtube thread? Well then!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: No whistle Youtube thread? Well then!

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Stealers Wheel "Stuck in the middle with you", and Bachman-Turner Overdrive "You ain't seen nothing yet". Whistles can do traditional *and* contemporary

It's been a long time since 1970s music was 'contemporary'. :lol:
My brain hurts

Electwhistle
Tell us something.: Been playing whistle for 27 years. Into Rock-whistle these days, with electric effects, and drone whistles too. Electwhistle on YouTube.

Post by Electwhistle »

Mr.Gumby wrote:It's been a long time since 1970s music was 'contemporary'. :lol:
Good point! I guess I'm getting old 0:
Huhupat
Tell us something.: I make bamboo flutes using concentrated sunlight. I've been making flutes for over ten years, playing with friends and neighbors who help me tune my instruments and encourage me to share my art with the world. I also design and sell solar arrays, and service kiddie rides and photo booths.

Post by Huhupat »

The main press in making a double english tabor is getting an octave from two pipes in harmony with one hand. My prototype I posted has already been modified to move the G pipe down to the same hand position as the D pipe. With another pair tuned in fourths, I’d be able to play four pipes with two hands. The harmonic palette this would offer is wider than a traditional drone flute. It’s always nice to see someone applying their knowledge to new situations.
Electwhistle
Tell us something.: Been playing whistle for 27 years. Into Rock-whistle these days, with electric effects, and drone whistles too. Electwhistle on YouTube.

Post by Electwhistle »

Huhupat wrote:...With another pair tuned in fourths, I’d be able to play four pipes with two hands...
Ambitious :) Will need a lot of breath too!
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing flute & whistles. Bowed dulcimer coming in Spring 2021.

Post by stiofan »

meanwhile, in the Sierras...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyDBru8kmL4