Matt Malloy and The Mason's Apron

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Eldarion
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Eldarion »

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out, very slowly, what Matt Molloy is doing with his flute on the tune The Mason's Apron on The Chieftain's "An Irish Evening" CD. For those who haven't heard this rendition of the tune yet, I suggest giving it a listen soon because its definitely a stunner!

Theres trouble, even with slowing down software, deciphering what Mr. Molloy is doing. From what I hear, the first variation from the 2nd phrase (first bar, where the "rocking pedal" thingy is) of the tune seems to go b-g-D-g-E-g-D-g (capital letters denote the emphasized notes in the version).

It does sound similiar, but it doesn't seem to be what Mr Molloy is doing exactly. My written version sounds more spaced out notewise. His playing seems to contain more notes - due to more tonguing separation probably? Do any of you who heard this rendition know what went missing in my transcription? Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eldarion on 2001-08-13 00:24 ]</font>