tips for susato fans

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mike.r
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mike.r »

Hi everyone!Im new here and very happy to be a member of this forum.Being a compulsive whistle tweaker and tinkerer,and reaching the point of no return with my faedog d I decided to graft the faedog body to a susato head.The result of this unusual marriage is a surprisingly good sounding whistle which has somehow retained the best qualitys of both instruments ie hole spacing and intonation and susato tonal character with less shrillness on the high notes.If anyone wants to try this you will have to remove a small section from the top.Measure 225mm from the bottom of the faedog,mark it,and cut it off.I used a piece of rubber hose with teflon tape wrapped around it to match the susato head so its easily tunable.I also tried a faedog c and a generation d and the results were less favourable.Anyway,its nice to be here.
jmssmh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jmssmh »

I just put a Walton Little Black fipple on a Feadog with great results and it is a little bit easier to do.

Joe