Photos of your collection!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
scoutcow
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scoutcow »

My father was pipe major for a long time, so he likes it, but my neighbours... :twisted:
The bagpipe isn't that good, the bag is a bit too small, it was a cheap one, although the chanter is a good one, african blackwood from Hardie, took it from my fathers old bagpipe. But when I can play it well, my parents are going to buy a better one for me, I think a Shepherd.

Susato Low D plays well, I don't have anything to compare it to, but in my opinion it sounds good, only the large holes and the big space between them is a bit difficult, but I'm getting used to it.

And I really love the Native American Kiowa bamboo flute. It has a very nice sound and it really calmes me down when I'm playing it.
Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

Here's my humblesome collection:

From Left to Right:
-Gen Nickel D,
-Gen Brass D,
-Gen Brass E natural (made by yours truly)
-One of my favorite Gen Brass D's,
-Gen G,
-Clarke Original D,
-Burke C in Aluminum,
-Feadog D in Brass,
-Clarke original D with the gold diamonds,
-Generation B natural (also made by yours truly),
-Generation Bb,
-Burke DAN,
-Clarke Original in C,
-Syn C,
-Generation D in Brass,
-Generation Eb in brass,
-Shaw Eb,
-Gen F,
-My very first whistle a Clarke Original in D,
-and on the bottom a Generation Folk Whistle in D.

I think I got the order right... This doesn't include my small box of whistles I don't play, or of whistles that wont play...

-Eric
Steamwalker
antispam: No

Post by Steamwalker »

Where does one get those Clarke original Ds that don't have (what Dale described as) those "tacky" gold diamonds? For awhile, I just thought it was Dale's joke via photoshop called "Dale's Naked Black Splendour".

Also, looks like you tweaked all your Gens, Key_of_D?
Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

Correct on me tweaking my Gens, and my Feadog if you'll notice. It's pretty much SOP when I get a Generation or Feadog.

I got my Clarke Original D's without the Gold Diamonds from The Whistle Shop. Although I would imagine they're not the only retailer who sells them. I also got a C without the Gold Diamonds if you noticed.
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

Key_of_D wrote:Correct on me tweaking my Gens, and my Feadog if you'll notice. It's pretty much SOP when I get a Generation or Feadog.

I got my Clarke Original D's without the Gold Diamonds from The Whistle Shop. Although I would imagine they're not the only retailer who sells them. I also got a C without the Gold Diamonds if you noticed.
According to the Whistle Shop, the "new" style has been discontinued in favor of their original style. The "new" style no longer appears on the Clarke website either. Those there whistles are collector's items!
Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

Steamwalker wrote:Those there whistles are collector's items!
Collector's items ay?? Well then... I'll have to sell those badboys for a full set of pipes then... :lol: (don't I wish)
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

This is most of them (unplayables, duplicates, car whistles and a few that weren't handy for the photo are not pictured):

Chieftain Low D
Chieftain Low G
Chieftain A
Generation Bb
Generation C
Feadóg C (Irvine Tweaked)
Waltons C
Syn C
Clarke Original C
Burke DAN
Burke DBSBT
Sindt D
Generation Folk D
Generation Brass D
Generation Nickle D
Feadóg Brass D
Feadóg Painted D
Feadóg Nickel Plated D
Waltons Mellow D (Irvine Tweaked)
Clarke Original D (First whistle I ever had, diamonds long since worn off)
Clarke Meg D
Generation Eb
Generation F
Generation G

My collection is modest because I'm not... well, a collector. I don't keep anything over $10 that I don't like to play. The Burkes are negotiable if anyone is interested.
My favorite D's to play are (in no particular order) my Sindt, Gen Folk, Gen Red top, Feadog Brass, and an Oak (not pictured).
I don't play the Chieftains much but keep them around for when the guitar players do mellow songs in strange keys :)
Last edited by straycat82 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flogging Jason
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Flogging Jason »

I'd say that brass Burke has gotten some play judging by the tarnish :) If I wasn't stocking up for my girlfriend's birthday party I'd make you an offer on it!
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

Yeah, it's gotten some play but it looks brand new when polished... it's been a while since I've cleaned 'er up :)
The aluminums don't seem to get their shine back as nicely as the brass though.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Flogging Jason wrote:I'd say that brass Burke has gotten some play judging by the tarnish :) If I wasn't stocking up for my girlfriend's birthday party I'd make you an offer on it!
Are you maybe meaning the Sindt that is next to the Burke, 'cause that Burke doesn't look tarnished to me at all.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

anniemcu wrote:
Flogging Jason wrote:I'd say that brass Burke has gotten some play judging by the tarnish :) If I wasn't stocking up for my girlfriend's birthday party I'd make you an offer on it!
Are you maybe meaning the Sindt that is next to the Burke, 'cause that Burke doesn't look tarnished to me at all.
The Burke does have some tarnish...but you can tell that Sindt must be his favorite!
Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

Steamwalker wrote:According to the Whistle Shop, the "new" style has been discontinued in favor of their original style. The "new" style no longer appears on the Clarke website either. Those there whistles are collector's items!
Well it's probably been about 2 years since I purchased those "collector's" whistles from the Whistle Shop, and at that time, it was the other way around with the slogan for 'em! Something along the lines of "New Clarke Original Whistle without the Gold Diamonds!" Honestly those gold diamonds look rather pokey to me, so I wasn't very sad when mine wore off! Although I do have a pretty much brand new Clarke Original, Gold Diamonds and all, I guess for old time sake, since that was the brand of whistle I started on and played for roughly a year.... My original one was well played, so the Gold diamonds are long gone. Enuff said,

-Eric
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

Flogging Jason wrote:
anniemcu wrote:
The Burke does have some tarnish...but you can tell that Sindt must be his favorite!
Right on :D . Also, pretty much all of the whistles shown (except for the black painted ones) have a hardcore patina on them but the picture doesn't show that too well from the distance it was taken and the flooded lighting. I've stripped the finish off all the Gens because I was tired of the clearcoat flaking off and falling in the tone holes or collecting on my fingers. I left only a stripe around the logo. Due to this they lose thier shine if you don't polish them (which I don't usually do) so they're all pretty dull looking right now. You can also see my pinky patina on most of them :) I play left handed (even though I'm a righty) so it's easy to pick out my whistles if they get mixed with someone else's.
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

Got a bunch more on order but here is what I have with me currently:

From left to right:

1. Walton's Little Black Whistle D
2. Walton's D Brass
3. Clare 2-piece D Brass
4. Clare D Brass
5. Clare D Nickel
6. Clarke Sweetone D
7. Clarke Sweetone D (Jerry Freeman Tweaked)
8. Clarke Original D
9. Generation Bb Brass
10. Generation C Brass
11. Generation D Brass
12. Generation Eb Brass
13. Generation F Brass
14. Generation G Brass
15. Dion D in Cocobolo
16. Dixon Tunable D Polymer
17. Mahan D in African Blackwood
18. Feadog D (black)
19. Feadog D Brass
20. Feadog D Nickel
21. Feadog Pro D
bdh
Tell us something.: I caught the trad bug listening to Liam O'Flynn. Started on whistle, then moved to pipes. Tricky Basmatis, but I love 'em.

Post by bdh »

Here's my collection, minus the ten whistles I've just sent to Boomerang for his kids. My half set of pipes is also absent.

Image | Image | Image

Top:
GFM Aluminum Low F body
Burke DASBT
SYN D
SYN C body
GFM Aluminum Bb body
GFM Aluminum High D whistle
GFM Aluminum C body
GFM Aluminum Low G body
GFM Delrin C body (on left)
GFM Delrin High D body (on left)

Bottom:
SYN Bb body
SYN B body
SYN Eb body
Generation Bb
Susato D/C/Bb set
GFM Delrin Bb
GFM Aluminum mouthpiece (for Low F and G)

Beneath:
Tipple Fipple D flute (speckled bore, in-line holes, raised mouthpiece)
Reviol C body
Howard D
Reviol D
Susato Dublin D (keyless, on sale on this board)
Kerry Low D (also on sale)
Freeman Tweaked Shaw D
Clarke C
Dixon Trad
Avery Tweaked LBW

That's it for now :D
"It isn't etiquette to cut any one you've been introduced to. Remove the joint." ~ Lewis Carroll