Photos of your collection!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Flogging Jason
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Flogging Jason »

I bet the xray guys at the airport freak out when that case rolls through!
Key_of_D
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Key_of_D »

Have enough D whistles there Steamwalker? Holy makerel... :o
bdh
Tell us something.: I caught the trad bug listening to Liam O'Flynn. Started on whistle, then moved to pipes. Tricky Basmatis, but I love 'em.

Post by bdh »

Flogging Jason wrote:I bet the xray guys at the airport freak out when that case rolls through!
Funny you should mention that ;)
"It isn't etiquette to cut any one you've been introduced to. Remove the joint." ~ Lewis Carroll
emtor

Post by emtor »

A few of my whistles, viewed from top:
Vintage Generation D
Old style Generation D
Tweaked Generation F
Tweaked Generation G
Tweaked Generation Bb
Hohner C
Shaw E
Tweaked Clarke D

OnlyAnEgg

Post by OnlyAnEgg »

Clarke Trad D
Oak D
Clarke Celtic D
Feadog D
Clarke C
Yamaha Cheapie Recorder
and...
My Chanter (Yes, it's Pakistani. Sorry about that)
Helloooooo, Chieftans!

Helloooooo, Brak!
Lyn D

Post by Lyn D »

Hi guys,

Nice whistles!

Flogging Jason, when I was looking at the names of your whistles, (and I hadn't paid attention to who's post it was), and saw the "older" Sweetheart, I thought, "I'll bet this person has a Kilhoury just like mine". All of a sudden, it rang a bell and I checked the name and saw that it was you. It was funny seeing my Sweetheart up there in your photo. This whistle is one of my two pride and joys, the other being my Burke DBSBT.

Gabriel, did you just get the Bleazey from Doc Jones? Boy, I was drooling over that whistle. I have to tell you I have a Bleazey flute in Cooktown Ironwood and I love it. It's such an easy player. I bet the whistle's great too.

Lyn
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

Glad you like the whistle Lyn! I was really hoping you would since it never really caught my fancy.
cavefish
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Post by cavefish »

emtor wrote:A few of my whistles, viewed from top:
Vintage Generation D
Old style Generation D
Tweaked Generation F
Tweaked Generation G
Tweaked Generation Bb
Hohner C
Shaw E
Tweaked Clarke D

DANG bro you are a "Biter" ere ya half beaver lad--------------just funning bro :D
Last edited by cavefish on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
cavefish
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Post by cavefish »

is this cool or what i could just roll around in my whistles naked :shock: WEEEELLLLL maybe not naked --------but i do love my babies :thumbsup:
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

Image[/img]
OK, here's most of them.
(on top) Susato keyless low C and low D
Burke low D, Kerry low D, Susato E and narrow bore F, c1980 Susato G, modern Susato G, Burke G, modern Susato Ab, c1980 Susato A, Burke A, Generation A, Generation Bb, Generaton B, Susato C, Burke C, Generation C, Generation C#, Generation D, Feadog D, Burke D, Susato D, Generation Eb, Generation F
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

Nice spread there pancelticpiper! I'm particularly fond of the black tape in it's many uses. That Gen A is fascinating....did you do that mod yourself?
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Lyn D wrote:Gabriel, did you just get the Bleazey from Doc Jones? Boy, I was drooling over that whistle. I have to tell you I have a Bleazey flute in Cooktown Ironwood and I love it. It's such an easy player. I bet the whistle's great too.
Nope, I got it from Phil directly in january 2006. It's not a particulary easy player, actually it's quite difficult to play with big back pressure, but sounds great with a pure tone and it's really loud...I might fancy to part with it as my preferences regarding whistle tone changed, so if you like it and would be interested in a trade, PM me...
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

Yep the Generation A, B, and C# are my creations (you just can't have enough Generations). Actually the black electrical tape is just for flattening notes which are too sharp. The black stuff around the tops of a few of the whistles is heavy black thread soaked in superglue, where the plastic has split.
Just about all of the Generations and Susatos have had holes carved. Each Susato seems to have a unique scale built into it and all have to be carved. The low E, as you can see, is next: half the holes have to be taped, so I will end up carving out the others (and cutting some off the bottom) to get an in-tune, tapeless whistle. The low F, with only one sharp note, will just have to stay taped (I'm not carving out five holes and chopping the bottom because of one sharp note, at least not anytime soon).
Note that I don't have an F#/Gb, or a low Eb, which will have to be addressed...
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Like most of us, I have way too many to fit into one picture (Isn't life wonderful!? :D ) Here are the ones I actually play regularly:

Hoover Curtain Rod Low D (Tunable)
the LEGENDARY Hoover Skipole G (newly tunable, and my all-time favorite, can't-do-without whistle)
Hoover A in Juniper (tunable)
Hoover Blacktop Bb in Maple (tunable)
Clarke C
Dixon Trad D
Generation Eb
Gen F
Gen high G (locally known as the Whistle of Mass Destruction)
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

the fourth one down, with the black head, sort of looks like an old O'Riordan.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan