Photos of your collection!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Photos of your collection!

Post by Mr.Gumby »

The demise of Photobucket as a useful free hosting site means all snaps I posted before have now gone.

Here's a new one, the new hosting site will keep it for a month. Four Generations, the older generations or over forties if you like. I just picked up the C on the right. It's a smaller diameter than their present ones, the same as their present D. It's a relatively quiet but lovely balanced whistle.

My brain hurts

AuLoS303
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Post by AuLoS303 »

Mr.Gumby wrote:The demise of Photobucket as a useful free hosting site means all snaps I posted before have now gone.

Here's a new one, the new hosting site will keep it for a month. Four Generations, the older generations or over forties if you like. I just picked up the C on the right. It's a smaller diameter than their present ones, the same as their present D. It's a relatively quiet but lovely balanced whistle.

Nice Whistles!

Postimg.org, is that a free hosting site?
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog
whistlingman
Tell us something.: Hi I play the pennywhistle and also make my own. I'm not here to sell anything just want to show my whistles. I'm not a business, I'm a hobbyist!

Post by whistlingman »

I only have two whistles. I made them though well part of them the mouthpiece is from a Walton's little black whistle. They both have a gold ring around them and play pretty much like that same whistle! Made of pvc almost in tune. But good enough for me because I just solo.

Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

Those are fine looking whistles. I wish I could hear them.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

it's been three years since my last confession.

Top row:
Milligan C-D-E set
Milligan in Dymondwood
Carbony
Copeland
Abell
Oz
Dixon DX005
Dixon Trad
Busman
Burke
Made by me

Middle:
Chieftain low d NR

Bottom row:
O'Brien Rover
Tyrone Head whistle
Mack Hoover whistle
Redhead Whistle
Gonzato
Becker
Mountain Made
Gabriel Mount
Walton (x3)
Oak
Clare (x2)
Woodnote (x2--brown and black)
Generation C Frankenstein whistle. I don't recall whose head is on the body.
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
TD997
Tell us something.: I just got into Tin whistles and thought it'd be good to join and see other people's opinions and thoughts so that I can learn from them.

Post by TD997 »

Hey all newbie to the forum!
Here are my current whistles!
On the Back rack its a Susato Low F and Low A as well as a Yamaha Fife in C
Front rack has a Clarke Original in C, Clark Celtic in D, Walton Little Black Whistle in D and a Susato Kildare D

Nothing too fancy yet, but hopefully I can rectify that soon!
Last edited by TD997 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

TD997 wrote:42eIgdQ.jpg
Front rack has a Clarke Original in C, Clark Celtic in D, Walton Little Black Whistle in D and a Susato Kildare D

Welcome TD997.

I can't find the image of your whistles. Have you posted it to an image-sharing website?
TD997
Tell us something.: I just got into Tin whistles and thought it'd be good to join and see other people's opinions and thoughts so that I can learn from them.

Post by TD997 »

benhall.1 wrote:
TD997 wrote:42eIgdQ.jpg

Welcome TD997.

I can't find the image of your whistles. Have you posted it to an image-sharing website?
Oops I messed up. I posted via Imgur, but the picture ended up too big and messed with the format of the thread so I edited it to make it smaller, though in my haste it seems that I put the wrong URL in. I'll edit that now.
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

TD997 wrote:Nothing too fancy yet, but hopefully I can rectify that soon!
You already have quite a nice collection! The rack holding your C and D whistles is what really caught my eye, though. Is it made for whistles, or did it originally hold something else?
TD997

Post by TD997 »

Dan A. wrote:
TD997 wrote:Nothing too fancy yet, but hopefully I can rectify that soon!
You already have quite a nice collection! The rack holding your C and D whistles is what really caught my eye, though. Is it made for whistles, or did it originally hold something else?
Its actually a Pen holder! I purchased it on ebay, and it came with a pack of 2, each pack containing one horizontal stand and one vertical, for a total of 4 stands. Not too shabby for $10. The whistles fit perfectly in the horizontal stand, but the dimples in the vertical stand arent deep enough to hold the whistles in place. In order to get them to stay, I put pencils in the stands, then slid the whistles through them so that the pencils will catch onto the dimples. Only problem is that pulling a whistle off the stand occasionally causes all of them to slide off! I'm thinking about using glue to keep the pencils (or other cylindrical guides that I can find) in place to prevent that from happening in the future.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282612255858
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

Those will be great when I acquire more whistles. I've put them in my eBay watch list. Thanks!
FadedStardust
Tell us something.: Hello, I am a new whistle player. I am currently playing along (very badly, I might add) with the Ryan Dunn and CutiePie Youtube video tutorials on a Clark Celtic whistle. I also have a Waltons, but it's louder, shriller, and less forgiving (has a great tone when I can make it happy, though).

Post by FadedStardust »

Hello all!

I'm a newbie whistler, started just this month on the Walton's and have since also bought the Clarke Celtic, which I prefer. I bought the Clarke because it's quieter, as I live in a small apartment and have a little dog who refuses to leave my side, even when I'm making shrill, squeaky mistakes. The Celtic is also more "forgiving" in that it's not nearly as deafening when I accidentally have air leak through one of the holes. I've started the video lessons from OAIM and have become slightly obsessed with my whistles (and traditional Irish tunes in general, I must admit).

Anyways though I know these are both common beginner whistles and you've all seen them before (and likely own them!), here are my whistles:
AuLoS303
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Post by AuLoS303 »

TD997 wrote:Image

How is that Yamaha fife? I'm curious about it
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

FadedStardust wrote:Hello all!

I'm a newbie whistler, started just this month on the Walton's and have since also bought the Clarke Celtic, which I prefer.
Welcome to the forum and that's a good start on whistles. Enjoy your playing.
Dan A.

Post by Dan A. »

FadedStardust wrote:I'm a newbie whistler, started just this month on the Walton's and have since also bought the Clarke Celtic, which I prefer.
I like that Clarke Celtic...that will be my next whistle unless I find a screaming deal on a different one!

And, to mark my 100th post, here are my two whistles:

The one on top is a Walton's Irish D, and the green one is a Feadóg Original. Both are soprano D whistles. The Feadóg has been my go-to whistle as of late, but the Walton's still gets semi-regular playing time, too.