Transcription of Bergin's "Richard Dwyers"?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Eldarion
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Eldarion »

Hi! I was wondering if any of the C&Fers have the written version (abc, GIF, etc) of "Richard Dwyers" as played by Mary Bergin, with ornaments if possible? Otherwise, I'd have to sit down infront to computer and slowly do some major transciption. Its one of my favourite recordings or a whistle tune. So far I've only found 1 GIF that resembles somewhat the tune that Mary Bergin plays.

For that matter, does anyone have good transcriptions, eg. of Mary Bergin, to share? I've gotten "Monaghan Jig" and "Tarbolton reel" from Tony Higgins and they're great!
Whistleworks

Post by Whistleworks »

Why don't you write to Mary? She is always happy to help out in matters like this.

Bob Pegritz
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Eldarion,
I have the book "Legends of the Irish Tinwhistle" and it has several of Mary Bergins tunes in it with all the ornamentation, if you'd like I can scan them and e-mail them to you.
Let me know

Ron
StevieJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Eld, I'd think this transcription by the indefatigably industrious Henrik Norbeck comes pretty close:

<a href="http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/cgi/abc/Tes ... f">Richard Dwyer's</a>

Figuring out any differences between this and what Mary actually plays on the record would be very good ear training and time well spent...
Eldarion

Post by Eldarion »

Thanks all once again! Bob, I had no idea that one could go about contacting Mary Bergin! How does one go about doing it? (besides flying halfway round the globe and attending her workshops and etc) Ron, I'll get back to you on email! Steve, thanks for the GIF transciption recommendation (and for the numerous other times which you helped me out). It definitely looks/sounds almost identical. Now all I have to do is to quit school and practice incessantly for 6 years to play like the whistle goddess I hear on the CD!