Breast Cancer Fundraiser - Results Announced

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
swizzlestick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by swizzlestick »

Restores your faith in the Laws of Probability, doesn't it?
All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out. -- Mark Twain
dfernandez77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Dale wrote:What a rig job.
I shook the Magical Token Randomizer.

The tokens came out.

After shaking 15, I matched them to the participants, not knowing who had what numbers.

I thought "This looks strange, maybe I should re-do it."

My integrity won over my fear of looking like a brown-noser.
swizzlestick wrote:Restores your faith in the Laws of Probability, doesn't it?
Yup, well close at least.

Dale had 12 of 77 tokens with his big fat contribution to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.
12/77 is 15.584415584415584415584415584416%
he should get 15.584415584415584415584415584416% of 15 widgets
that equals 2.3376623376623376623376623376623 widgets

So the Magical Token Randomizer seems to be more mechanical than magical. Maybe I should tie some crystals on it. :D
Last edited by dfernandez77 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
myra

Post by myra »

swizzlestick wrote:Restores your faith in the Laws of Probability, doesn't it?
Well, it sure restores mine....

Myra

javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
lol
waltcamp45

Post by waltcamp45 »

dfernandez77 wrote:Dale had 12 of 77 tokens with his big fat contribution to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.
12/77 is 15.584415584415584415584415584416%
he should get 15.584415584415584415584415584416% of 15 widgets
that equals 2.3376623376623376623376623376623 widgets
So we can choose whistles OR widgets!? Sweet!

Walt
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

jkrazy52 wrote: I'll be more than happy with only one prize. So, I'll keep the #11 spot and surrender the #13 spot to free up a gift for someone else.
I'll shake another winner from the Magical Token Randomizer this evening. :thumbsup:

Dale chose:
1. The Tipple 2-piece, 6-hole flute with bag - Key of Low D
2. The Butch Hall "Little Bird" Cedar Native American Flute in B Minor

Walker should now choose 1 item from the remainder...
Daniel

dfernandez77

Post by dfernandez77 »

Walker chose:
Holunder Wood Whistle in the Key of A

waltcamp45, your turn to choose 1 item from the remainder...
Daniel

swizzlestick

Post by swizzlestick »

Dale had 12 of 77 tokens with his big fat contribution to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.
Exactly. No rig job here. Keep the faith, Dale! Congratulations!
All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out. -- Mark Twain
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Well, causes don't get much better than fighting breast cancer. It's astounding how many good people we lose to it, not to mention all the suffering endured by those who get sick with it and are able to ultimately pull through.

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer more than 20 years ago. The prognosis was bleak due to extensive positive lymph nodes. She had surgery and radiation. She lived. She's doing quite well as she approaches her 82nd birthday. We're glad to have her with us.

Marilyn's mother--even more amazing story. She was diagnosed in 1981 or '82. Had surgery and seemed to be doing well. Then, several months later, she showed up with large metastatic tumors in both lungs. Big ones. They put her on Tamoxophen (sp?) and did nothing else for her...I think due to the grim prognosis. Her attitude was, hey, I have a new grandbaby. To hell with cancer. We humored her. The tumors got smaller. She goes back to the clinic--the tumors are smaller still. And so on. The tumors finally weren't visible on x-ray. She lived 20 more years, during all of which she was happy and productive and a tremendous blessing in our lives.

So, we accept the prizes with gratitude to dfernandez for raising some cash.
dfernandez77

Post by dfernandez77 »

waltcamp45 chose:
Chieftain - Non-tunable Key of A

Ostekjeks, your turn to choose 1 item from the remainder...
Daniel

WhistlingArmadillo

Post by WhistlingArmadillo »

The suspense is killing me! :wink:
At the end of it all, I want to be told "Well done". I don't want to _be_ well done!
dfernandez77

Post by dfernandez77 »

Ostekjeks chose the Glenn Schultz Water Weasel - Tunable Key of High C. Nice whistle by the way - you're really going to like it. :)

Avanutria chose the SassySackSuper from Annie at Sassafrass Grove Studio. I keep toying with the idea to ask if Annie will make me a custom roll in chamois. Seems a much better use for goat hide then a bodhran. :D

Myra chose the Mack Hoover Narrow Bore Brass - Tunable Key of High D, and the O'Brien Maple with Delrin Fipple, Non-tunable Key of High D. And she was so excited she donated even more to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

Thank you all again for participating.

khl is up next. Time to choose a whistle. :poke:
Daniel

myra

Post by myra »

Since most of you have never heard of me, I just thought I'd let you know I've been a member of C&F for a while, mostly lurking but occasionallly posting - I tend to show up for a while, then disappear when real life starts taking up too much time....

but I did want to say thanks to Daniel and all the donors for the whistles, and mostly to Daniel for doing this for cancer research. I'm a ten-year breast cancer survivor, so can testify personallly to the value of supporting research - there actually has been progress towards treatment, if not cure, and I know many, many women who now have reason to regard breast cancer as a survivable, albeit serious, chronic disease. Onwards and upwards towards a cure!

Cheers to all
Myra
dfernandez77

Post by dfernandez77 »

khl wrote:Daniel,

I will take the imaginary Crystal Hall flute. I actually am doing well enough in the whistle department and so I'll pass and let someone else get on the list also.

Keith
So I shake another winner from the Magical Token Randomizer - and Ash. is added to the end of the list.

I would like to congratulate myra for having a real life, and thank her for the kind words.

Ok, cskinner is up - take your pick milady.
Daniel

dfernandez77

Post by dfernandez77 »

cskinner chose the O'Brien Narrow Bore Brass - Key of High D

Ok jkrazy52, your turn to pick!

Note Regarding Shipping:
For those whistles being sent out by others, I provided the donors with shipping addresses.
For those being shipped by me...
My car was in the shop for 2 days (Thurs & Fri) last week for $1,900 in maintenance service. So I was carpooling.
My weekend was booked up so I didn't get to the post office.
My car sounded terrible Sunday night so I had to leave it and find a ride home at midnight.
Monday morning I took a rental car to my car, inspected the wheel where the noise was, and found only 3 of 5 lug bolts were in the wheel and only 1 was tight!
Monday night I had to solve a major technical issue at the office (MTU issue with critical IP VPN virtual circuits).
My car has been in the shop since it was towed in Monday morning, they are inspecting everything and had to order new lug bolts from Sweden or something.
I'm cranky from driving a noisy, shaking, foul odored rental car.
I am supposed to get my car tomorrow morning.
So please be patient. I'll try to get everything shipped before the week is out.
Daniel

Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Hey dfer' , I've heard said "no good deed will go unpunished" and "cars were sent by god to try us".

Hmmm ... "Lug bolts from Sweeden" sounds like a great name for a tune!

Hope your gremlin clears up soon!
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com