My Trip to the Whistle Shop!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Grannymouse
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Grannymouse »

Well, folks, I finally made it....IN SPITE OF
driving through torrential rains.......IN SPITE OF someone trying to sabotage my trip by alerting Thom to my impending arrival and instructing him to hide all high end whistles, tutorials and anything remotely pertaining to the fiddle......it was an absolute blast. I had taken a friend (new whistler) along......but once there....she was on her own. The shop is wonderful.....Thom is wonderful (you all knew that)even though the shop is small....he has great variety and very tastefully done...well displayed... and not the least bit junky as some places. Needless to say...I could have spent the day! Whatever you need.....you can count on Thom. Yes, I did spend more money than I'd planned on.....but contrary to a nasty rumor.......I did not have to sell the car for bus fare.......just had to push the car the last 10 miles.

If any of you get to Thom's neck of the woods.......do stop by the Whistle Shop! Gm
adrianh

Post by adrianh »

Oh to be allowed to have money to spend on whistles !!!

What did you get then ??

A

><>
Stan

Post by Stan »

Yes ~ ">, Pa-leeeeze tell us what
you bought!
Grannymouse

Post by Grannymouse »

I know you'll all be thrilled I bought a large padded case for my bodhran, an Irish Session video for fiddle, two session books and CD set......wasn't going to buy any whistles since I have an Overton arriving shortly and a Tully on order.....but.....had a pretty burgundy Silkstone Bb I just couldn't pass up. I needed a few Feadogs to replentish my "freebies" when I find an interested youth. Wasalmost out the door when this Dixon tuneable high D just cried out "Take me too".......So there you have it!
thomlarson

Post by thomlarson »

I hear that quite often - "Your shop looks much bigger on the Internet"...

There is a possibility that we'll be moving to a place that's quite a bit larger within the next month or two. I have my eye on a place that's only about a 1/2 mile from my house (I just went to look at it earlier this evening).
<P>
It was a real treat to have you and Marcia come in Betty - I enjoyed your visit immensely. Come back soon!
Whistlepeg

Post by Whistlepeg »

Gm,
I'm jealous!! It sounds like you had a lovely time. One of these days I hope to visit Thom too, but I have to start saving my pennies first! All the best, and have fun with your new treats!
Sue
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

I'm probably the closest here to Thom's shop, but my one attempt to visit fell through. After hearing of your spree, GM, maybe the Fates were smiling on me that day.
kardshark87

Post by kardshark87 »

where is thom's shop? i know he has a website but i didn't know he had an actual shop. please tell me if u know the location. thanx

Brent
Grannymouse

Post by Grannymouse »

Well he's right smack in the middle of IL at Bloomington/Normal. If you get close.....Thom gives wonderful directions.

Sorry Chuck, that I didn't tell you about the party.......which we had originally planned on....way back when. It will be a good excuse to go again.

Thanks Thom......been going to write but email's been on the fritz....will be in touch. Gm