Still no news from McHaffie?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
EricW

Post by EricW »

It's been a few weeks now and I still haven't heard anything back from John. Anyone have any further news?

Eric
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rich »

The email I've sent him apparently gets delivered -- no bounces, at least -- but I haven't heard from him, nor have I seen my refund, which I've pretty much given up on at this point. :sad:
<ul>-Rich</ul>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rich on 2001-08-02 11:41 ]</font>
brownja

Post by brownja »

On clips and snips, there is an entry dated 7/15 that says "before I dash out to Yosemite..." and on on 7/22 that says "back from vacation". He may not be caught up on his correspondence yet.
----------
Never mind, is seems my post is a duplicate of one on the clips and snips board.
jb

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: brownja on 2001-08-02 15:21 ]</font>
stimps

Post by stimps »

My post of a couple weeks ago saying I was being patient and waiting at least ten working days for delivery left me being patient for more like 16 days (this is 16 days on top of all the patience I've exercised since this set was first ordered for me at the beginning of April for my birthday, when it was promised that we could get them for May). Upon contacting him again, he said last week that we're not the only people who haven't gotten any whistles, and he's going to deliver *another set* this monday.

If I go through the email correspondence we've had with him since April, he's apparently sent out five sets to me, and I don't know if he's gotten any of them back. I don't want to be mean here, but I am suspecting he's never sent us a set at all yet. I can't believe that someone would send out that many sets without having them come back or something, that's a lot of whistles just floating around the dead letter office otherwise. =(

Anyway, he says that this time he's "sending them monday", and if *those* don't show up, he's going to fedex them at his own cost. I feel pretty pissed off because this cost something around $300 canadian and uncountable stress for something that was supposed to be a nice birthday present for me. SIGH.

I mean, he may not be being a bad person here. Perhaps he's just gotten really behind and can't tell anyone that it's going to take a long long time for them to come, or that he is dyslexic and can't write out postal labels himself or something. I am at the end of my rope sympathywise though. I don't think that if we asked for a refund either that we'd see one, and living in a different country, our chances for taking a formal stab at getting one are slim to none. SIGH again.

Oh well. I'll let you know if we end up getting any. John, if you're reading this, I wish you'd just own up to things if you're that behind. My sweetie has been going through hell trying to get this worked out for me, and it's a lot of cash for anyone to just put out and then see disappear.

stimps.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Looks as though John McHaffie has
registered today as #288 on the
members list...........