Another Sheetmusic Quest

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
DixieWhistler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by DixieWhistler »

I suddenly realized that the only reason I actually post here is when I am on the hunt for certain sheetmusic... the rest of the time I just lurk. If this is "wrong," or bothersome to even one here, <i> PLEASE </i> tell me and I'll stop!

I'm looking for a decent version of <b>"Brian Boru's March." </b> I heard this played this past weekend by an 11 harp ensemble and decided that it was really a great song, contary to my former opinion. I've heard it before but never as nice. If the ornamentation is written in the music it's a plus, because I stink at doing it myself... :wink:

As always, thanks much in advance.

~DW~
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Homespun Tapes has in stock" Cathal McConnell teaches Irish Pennywhistle: Book and CD; in which you will find a very good version of Brian Boru's march.

There isn't any ornamentation, but it does give the guitar chords. Go here:

https://www.homespuntapes.com/item.cfm? ... ms=&from=l

Hope this helps

Mark
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

It's also included in 110 Irish Best Slow Airs, which can be got with a cd of all the tunes. I don't recall ornamentation included in the print.
DixieWhistler

Post by DixieWhistler »

Thanks to you both!

Whenever there's a CD, I (usually) have better luck with the frillies (as my sis calls them, but then that's only on a <i>good</i> day... she's got other ... um... <i>choice</i> words associated with my whistles too.) It's really just a matter of patience when it comes right down to it, anyways, and everyone knows I'm decidedly lacking in that area. :grin:

Happy Whistling All,
DW