playing while driving techniques?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
nbrock
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by nbrock »

If I remember correctly, I once attached a piece of rubber tubing (maybe surgical tubing?) to the fipple of a whistle. This allowed me to play a tune with the whistle on my lap or where-ever. I was trying to imitate (and tease) a friend that played old-timey music with his fiddle in his lap :smile: I think that the longer the tube the less well this worked. This could work while driving in a car. But, I am NOT recommending doing anything in addition to driving a vehicle while driving a vehicle!

Neil

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nbrock on 2001-08-01 14:14 ]</font>
Diviney

Post by Diviney »

I've logged approximately 75,000 miles practicing session tunes, primarily on the high D whistle, but do a number on the low D and practice chanter. I have yet to touch the center line or white line along the road's edge or to swerve. The section of road is straight and I don't speed.

I am, however, very concerned about the airbag our Government required us to use that was developed to deploy at 200 mph rather than the 100 mph recommended by the safety folks (to prevent airbag injuries). As a result, their have been many deaths and many more injuries caused by the Government regulation. A few years ago, the airbags were stepped down to the 100 mph deployment because the orginal airbags were killing people. The Government failed to recall the millions of deadly airbags on older cars.

Did you know some handicapped folks legally drive without a stearing wheel? Did you know postal workers drive while sitting in the passenger seat?

I know we'll have a dozen or two well-intentioned do-gooders with personal advice. Based upon the above, you'd be better off advising the Government to recall those deadly first-generation airbags which continue to kill people today.

Keep on whistling.
Whistlepeg

Post by Whistlepeg »

Stevie, thanks for the tune, I love it...brilliant!
As far as playing & driving, I agree with Dale and the others, not to mention knocking your teeth out going over pot-holes! A better idea might be to use the time to listen, listen, listen the recordings of the tunes you want to learn. The more you listen, the easier it is to learn by ear!!
Sue