Please help

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
LKtz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by LKtz »

I know this is alittle off topic, well maybe alot off topic but I thought to ask anyway. When I was five years old I as given a guitar, I took lessons for a month or so then lost interest. Now I am 15 and I am trying to learn guitar again. My mom has been able to help me alittle but only with cords. I know some people on this board play guitar and do any guitar people know a good website for learning notes? I am really becoming interested in music, first Irish Flute, then whistle, bodhran and now guitar. So please help!!!

Thankyou so much!
Thomas-Hastay
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Thomas-Hastay »

Hi LKtz

Ive been playing guitar for many years now and I found that the best way to play and learn new chords is to buy music with guitar tabulature printed above the music bars. This Tabulature is a grid with finger positions depicted as dots on the strings and between fret bars(upper and lower).

Next to the tabulature grid is a number,1,2,3...etc.that gives the fret number down from the top. Each grid is placed at the point in the music where the chord starts.You don't need to be able to read music to play simple chords with guitar tabulature. It helps to have a cheap electronic or mechanical metronome to keep the beat.

Hope this helped.
Thomas H.
jmssmh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jmssmh »

I agree with Thomas that the best way to learn guitar is to learn songs. I did not take guitar lessons until I was 22. I found a place in Boston that taught you songs that everybody knew with two or three cords and every week a new song with one new cord.

Joe