Someone I know has a new whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Someone I know ---Bob!---has a new Reyburn Low G whistle, that sounded wonderfully great in the session two weeks ago. You and it played a great lower sound --filling in between the fiddles and high D's and the guitar.

I was wondering if that someone would like to write a review of the whistle for us who are still searching for theeee perfect whistle----Bob.

I know you read this board--so how about it?

Mark
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Forget this post Bob has a sick computer.
StevieJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

There is a review of a Reyburn G on the main C&F website. Go to low whistles, find Reyburn, and there's a link.

The whistle I reviewed has very interesting possibilities for playing airs, as I point out in the review. But in my experience the Reyburn's slow response makes playing dance tunes at normal speed impracticable. After assiduous trying, I have reluctantly given up -- a pity, because I like many other things about the instrument.

JessieK reported that Ronaldo Reyburn has since modified his head design to improve the response.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Having recently Played the Reyburn Low Eb, D, and C, (well I couldn't actually play the C, the stretch was too much for me), I'd have to agree with Steve: The sound of the Reyburns is very interesting, but they are not easy to play uptempo, compared to many of the other low whistles I've played.

I'd also mention that the finger stretchs on the Low Eb, D and C whistles are VERY long. Unless you have large hands/long fingers, you're likely to have to use the little finger on your bottom hand rather than the usual ring finger.
Loren
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I was having fun with Bob, because his significant other doesn't really know about his Whistle acquisition disorder. She has a hint of his addiction and does enjoy his playing. He loves his Reyburn Low G.

But alas he has a very sick computer, that looks like it will become a boat anchor soon.
And until he gets a new computer can't access the world of whistledom.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Bob be eubiedubie. He has edited his profile and changed his name. The sly devil.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Come On! Bob alias Eubiedubie, you don't lurk in these forums! I have written a review of my new Low G whistle, see another post "First Impressions !!!"

When are you going to write a review of your new Reyburn Low G. I'll tell someone of your other addiction---I will, I will really tell, I promise!!!!